View Single Post
Old Wednesday, July 04, 2018

siddiquiali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr anum rashid View Post
Right now i have seen 4 DMCs and 3 of them had opted accounting as a 200 marks' subject and only one had opted political science. Due to scoring high in these subject, they have manged to land among top 30. I haven't seen a single DMC of a person who has opted IR among the top qualifiers. If someone here knows of someone who opted IR and has managed to clinch a good position and allocation in top groups (PAS, PSP, FSP), please do share on the forum. I'm curious to know, if those who opted IR are doomed because of this subject. Though i have started loving IR already but seeing the DMCs i'm compelled to switch it with political science, as accounting is not for everybody without a background in it. It's not only about passing the css, you have to score high to land among top qualifiers and get allocation in your desired group and optionals do make a difference in this regard, as far as i have observed till now. Please help..
If you see the DMCs of CSS 2016 qualifies, then you will notice that all the top position holders had IR as an optional. However, this year FPSC targetted IR and it was a downfall for whoever opted it in 2017. Every year different subject is targeted by FPSC, and you simply can't predict which one they will target. So it is better to stick to the subject you are interested in and believe that you can score good marks in it.