View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 15, 2009

HERO is on a distinguished road
Default A state run by Illiterate MNA's

Salam friends.The debate is ludicrous.i personally endorse the version of democracy put forth by mr.musharraf.He said to a foreign audience in a press conference that the british or american model of democracy was not workabale in pakistan.he is right to some extent.but he also fails to enlsit one thing which is embedded in our psyche.Through the entire span of islamic history we had no epic of democracy.we had monarchies,autocracies or absolutism.The new problem is of willingness to use a utility at hand such as a democracy.We can still make ready use of it.it is normal for us to drive a british made rolls royce, BMW or mercedes.but alas! we can't make use of democracy.democracy is a means and not ends in itself.governance is the ends in itself.We can run democracy of british or american type despite the presence of illiterate MNA's.After all democracy is a device which ensures that we shall be governed no better than we deserve.I have watched local politics with a very keen eye.It does not requires any education to work viably.The problem of educating the electorate is much more gargantuan and desereves immediate remedial procedures.Utilise the illiterate MNA's as mere pawns.let these mna's work and off course they will return back to the ballot box.we will settle the scores then.i also believe that this is again a wishful thinking.

The other thing which i would like to share is that when we are sitting outside a system,we are unaware of the equilibrium and status quo.it is our wont to make empty boasts and provide absurd solutions.we all shall enter civil service one day(inshallah) but i pray that then sanity prevails.
Radicalism will never be worn out in a country which possesses the qualities of head and heart.Most csp's have them.we pray that the implementation must take place.Thanking you All for reading.Allah hafiz

HERO