View Single Post
Old Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about

In my perception this is a step in the right direction.it sheds light on many things:

1.Government had finally decide that war is not the right option to enforce law and peace.

2.It also shows that government has realized that this is not our war.

3. Government is ready to ignore American pressure on this issue.

Westranization or modernaziation alon does not insure freedom,equality,prosperity and protection of human rights.Islam is the best social order as well.But Islam which millitants are propagating is not the true image of our religion.Hunderds of schools had been destroyed,women are suffering heavily.now there is atleast a hope that schools will be reopened as they promised.these militants are lacking a political philosphy.we should work on a long term plan,we should bring these talibans in our political stream.it is the duty of our well learned Ulma and scholars to convince them that Islam which they are propogating is not the real one.slowly and slowly we can change their mind.this is the only solution.we should look into the reasons which made them barabarians,should compensate their losses,should tell them that they are our brothers,we all are pakistanies.we should present good image of our religion in the eyes of world.

we can do that by temprarily allowing them to establish a parallel system of judiciary(nizam e adal)this is not a big cast of establishing peace,reopening of schools,commencing of trade activities,tourism etc.people in sawat had suffered a lot.we should think about them.their protection should be the foremost aim of government.We got to restrict their advance into Punjab,Mianwali and Bhakkar has already started to experience "talabanization"this is a big worry.and i think this is also a one of the reasons of this deal.
Frankenstein of css (Tuesday, February 17, 2009), Zeeshan Inayat (Friday, February 20, 2009)