View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 23, 2018

Topgun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Zeee View Post
Please allow me some time to share my outline.
About your outline, well I am not an expert. I will like qualified people to evaluate it. However, I will point out few things. Also, you can get more ideas once I will share my outline.
After introduction of topic, If I have understood correctly, You have written 3 paragraphs on explaining what is this phenomenon. This was not the demand of examiner. He already knows about the phenomenon. And in introduction, phenomenon can be explained in that 1 paragraph. The main thing of discussion was threats and how to counter them. That part was not asked and you did include that in start. Not a good impression. Examiners usually decide your fate in outline and introduction. They only go further in those essays which have good relevant outline and introduction. After that, they usually read first few paragraphs and conclusion. In your case, you have committed blunder in my opinion.
Lets go further. In threats, you have shared few points. Some are effectively explained that how they are threats and some are not. Always consider your examiner layman. Make self explanatory phrases in simplest possible language. Do not write examples etc etc there. If you will explain those things there, I think there is nothing left to include in essay. Your point should tell which threat and why. In my opinion, some of these points are threats and some are evidences of threats. You have focused more on making points and have not explained them effectively. Simply point making is not enough. You have to tell that how it is related.
About counter mechanisms, points are relevant but not adequately explained in phrases. You have merely written points.
Also, introduction can be the reason for these marks. Since you have not shared it, so, I cannot tell if it was the reason or not.
Thank you for your insight. I wrote this outline a couple of months back, not following any rules of essay writing (just to give an idea) , a lazy effort on my behalf so i beg your pardon.This is just a vague recollection of what i wrote in the exam.Concerning the phenomenon part ,it was covered briefly not more than half a page.
The word " examples" was not mentioned in the outline, but adequate examples were given in the main body to validate each point .