View Single Post
Old Sunday, September 23, 2018
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by attifa View Post
salam.
this will be my first attempt and i need guidance for subject selection. i am graduate in management sciences and these are what i am thinking to opt for:

statistics
eng literature
bba
history pak and india
mercantile law
sociology

initially i was thinking for economics being a core subject for 6 years but, its too lengthy and people are discouraging for opting it.

i had studied business law so mercantile law is ok or i opt for law?

regional languages are not my cup of tea.

are these subjects correct according to my academic and interest? are these scoring?
Out of these subjects ,Statistics , Mercantile Law and Business Administration are good scoring subjects if one has prepared those aptly. While , sociology is an average scoring subject. On the other hand History of Indo Pak largely re,mains a low scoring subject and same the case has remained mostly with English Literature. I have seen many able aspirants having background of English Literature from prominent institutions performing average with English Literature. That's why i myself also had not opted for Englit despite having studied it in my graduation and despite having Masters Degree in it. Indo Pak History may be retained , but you need to give a second thought to Englit.
One more thing , though the syllabus of Economics is bit lengthy , it is a good scoring subject if one has prepared it better. You can replace indo Pak and Englit with it.
If you are a beginner, have a bird eye view of the following post also.
How to start the Preparation for CSS ?