View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 06, 2018

Ammarrashid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerofdangers View Post
Thanks for the reply, Ammar!

Well, I too am an engineer fond of physics but I have been reluctant to opt it because of its low scoring trend. You have performed distinctly and seeing your marks, I feel motivated and have finally decided to opt it.

1. Firstly, I have a question about Haliday Resnik book(ext), whether or not it covers the whole syllabus.

2. Secondly, kindly tell me something you did while preparing for and attempting the paper, that you feel was conducive to your success in it.
One more thing. Amply consult the syllabus and the past papers. If you observe the past papers you'll find that the examiner tends to focus on certain topics more often than others. Prepare those topics well.

For example, on the topic of relativity, the examiner asks quite simple questions such as the postulates of special relativity, or the derivation of length contraction and time dilation using lorentz transformation, which is quite simple if you study. The vector portion is also really easy and straightforward. Examiner like to ask about second law of thermodynamics.

In paper 2, the questions on electromagnetism are quite straightforward, and somewhat repetitive.

If you look at the past papers, you'll figure it out, I am sure.

Sent from my LLD-L21 using Tapatalk