View Single Post
Old Thursday, February 16, 2006

Akram Ahmad is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Is this the way to protest???

Assalam u Alaikum

I just wanted to bring the attention of the fellow members the way people have behaved in Islamabad, Peshawar and Lahore, on trying to protest against the anti-Islamic European conspiracy.

I must agree that we have to protest against the events that have brought up this situation around the world. BUT PEOPLE there are proper ways to protest!!! Trashing up our own public property, burning cars of civilians living around, breaking buildings, looting and setting fires in banks, shops, killing each other. WHAT THE HELL IS GIONG ON!!!

I was shocked to see the scans in the paper and read that over a dozen people were injured and also even some got killed in these protests. We already know what the world has the opinion of us Muslims. We are already labeled as terrorists and now we are killing each other. Wow!! what an excellent exhibit of what we have learned by the teachings of Islam. The way the middle-eastern Muslims have protested is I think so far much civilized the way Muslims should have done. The Danish and many of the European industries are suffering the loss of millions of dollars everyday. (Correct me if I go wrong somewhere )

I know we couldn’t have expected a much better way of expressing agony from much of our illiterate citizens but still, we are Muslims, the followers of the highest respected and most polite religions ever. These types of protests certainly do not suit our social and mostly our religious affairs.

Comments awaited.

Akram