Saturday, April 27, 2024
07:43 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, February 16, 2006

Akram Ahmad is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Is this the way to protest???

Assalam u Alaikum

I just wanted to bring the attention of the fellow members the way people have behaved in Islamabad, Peshawar and Lahore, on trying to protest against the anti-Islamic European conspiracy.

I must agree that we have to protest against the events that have brought up this situation around the world. BUT PEOPLE there are proper ways to protest!!! Trashing up our own public property, burning cars of civilians living around, breaking buildings, looting and setting fires in banks, shops, killing each other. WHAT THE HELL IS GIONG ON!!!

I was shocked to see the scans in the paper and read that over a dozen people were injured and also even some got killed in these protests. We already know what the world has the opinion of us Muslims. We are already labeled as terrorists and now we are killing each other. Wow!! what an excellent exhibit of what we have learned by the teachings of Islam. The way the middle-eastern Muslims have protested is I think so far much civilized the way Muslims should have done. The Danish and many of the European industries are suffering the loss of millions of dollars everyday. (Correct me if I go wrong somewhere )

I know we couldn’t have expected a much better way of expressing agony from much of our illiterate citizens but still, we are Muslims, the followers of the highest respected and most polite religions ever. These types of protests certainly do not suit our social and mostly our religious affairs.

Comments awaited.

Akram
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of AppreciationQualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason:

Muskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura aboutMuskan Ghuman has a spectacular aura about

salam,
I m agree with u ...this type of protest has only damage the image of Islam & nothing else....to destro individual & national property is nt right.....hw by this we can give any loss to any Eourpian country,by this our own economy has gotten damage...
May God help us..
with regards,
Muskan

Godoo is on a distinguished road

AoA
This way of protest is absolutely shocking. On the one hand our religion has been contempted and we are damaging our properties as well!

regards

Godoo
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Wah boy is on a distinguished road

Dear All Salam,

I agree with you all, that is certainly not the way to protest, A lot of people in Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar were coming back from work and other things when their cars were attacked and their motobikes were tourched.

BBc also showed the footage of people damaging the national property. I honestly believe this is not only anti islamic but also against our national interest.

I think it is just not the demonstrators, our goverment and law enforcement agencies are equally responsible for the mess created by them all. They could be more organised and better trained to encounter such situation as we know that our police have only one sloution to all the problems "TEAR GAS".

I hope things calm down in Pakistan and we carry out the protest in the best possible way.

Kind Regards

GreatMinds is on a distinguished road

hi,
i also agree. we r not protesting, we r damaging our own property. think of KFC , Mcdonalds etc were set to fire in lahore.......... who own them... pakistanis under a license..
Daewoo teerminal was burnt down in Peshawar. Our only reasonable Bus service
we r not going to attract any more foreign investment in this way. We r peace loving people NOT terrorist. WHY R WE LABELLING OURSELVES AS TERRORIST, EXTREMISTS.
Denmark has done a very bad thing. I hate that newspaper, the people behind it but the people in pakistan r not responsible for what happened there. We should understand that!

candidate is on a distinguished road

Such condition is really awful instead of registering protest in some sophisticated and decent way we are playing havoc with our own asserts and reputation.
Islam is emerging out as a religion of violence and intolerance owing to such “endeavours“of us. Nonetheless not only such protest is staking our reputation as a nation but human lives too.
Government and law enforcement agencies could be equally guilty of such circumstances but catch 22 of our nation is we blame government and law enforcement agencies if they fail to bring the situation under control and if they try to be more organized in a way to handle such situation they are blamed in hampering protest and get pronounced as “infidels”.
We must behave like a mature nation who knows her responsibility. The best way in registering protest is to ban products of guilty countries such as Telenor (a Norwegian adventure). The conduct of Saudi Arabia in implementing embargoes against guilty countries is the best instance to follow.

Mysterious_Norton is on a distinguished road

I would have to concur with you all on this one; I really had to shout this out yesterday but owing to my internet service i didn't, so here goes:

There should be protests for this cause maintaining the decorum
A glimpse at how the protesters acted out in Lahore:
  • · Setting ablaze motorcycles of people (God knows how they would have even managed to get one),
  • · Burning all the vehicles of some car dealer (of all the people on earth what the heck was he punished for
  • · And the most pathetic aspect of the so-called protest: Stealing all they could get their hands on: SHAME ON THEM! They are not only portraying a brutish and uncouth image of our country as well as insulting the cause of the protest along with …
  • · The inconvenience caused by these to the general public…
  • · Around 600 arrests
Apart from that I the protest here, in Islamabad, students could have protested rather in a more disciplined fashion But what did the students at Islamabad get out of the protest… believe me half my class fellows were missing at the academy:
  • · They didn’t attend the classes in their colleges as well as at academies
  • · Around 100 arrested. (Think of the trouble their parents would have had to face in getting them released)
  • · Police mobiles outside each and every college of Islamabad (be it private, govt. or semi-govt.; girls or boys)
  • Even an upcoming event at our college was which to be held this Saturday just because of this...they are just scared of any sort of student gatherings...

I mean what did we get from this boisterousness? Shutter down strikes, deaths, adding to the miseries of the near ones, people owning shops, firms and other property and potential leaders of the country arrested and a day of their learning quest lost…
Is his what Islam teaches: aggravating innocent people? IT MOST CERTAINLY DOES NOT!
If these protests are peaceful and staged in a rather harmonious way then it would not at all be surprising to see each and everyone from each and every walk of life joining hand in hand… Attracting the attention of media does not necessarily require executing acts of aggression….
Students could have protested by arranging a students’ conference, which could have been given proper media coverage and a peaceful rally. It’s about time we perceived protests in a broader spectrum… The protest from our part is that all of us first started a campaign to abandon telenor no.s in our college and the outcome was encouraging … we would shortly b having a sim snipping ceremony later next week … and it is also happening in other colleges as well… so there are ways to protest strongly and effectively, what is needed is a little bit of pondering, exploring and brainstorming…

The bottom line is: Instigate an attack strategically (economy being the primary factor and media being the secondary one) rather than tarnishing the image of the Muslim brotherhood in the international community in sheer ignorance…
Old Friday, February 17, 2006
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Exclamation ALERT: Pakistan mein JIN BHOOT aagaye!!!

Violence blamed on ‘hidden hands’

DAWN:

ISLAMABAD, Feb 15: President Gen Pervez Musharraf, Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz and the federal cabinet on Wednesday issued stern warning to ‘hidden hands’ behind incidents of violence....

http://www.dawn.com/2006/02/16/top7.htm

I knew it!!! supernatural beings are at work in Pakistan!!! no wonder our poor govt., which comes from the country's most powerful dept. is soo helpless. I guess its about time the govt., the most powerful one so far i must say, should admit how useless it is that it can't track down the elements causing all this harm to our own property and taking away precious lives!

one other thing that i didn't understand was, why was the reaction in Pakistan so late? were the JINN BABAs too slow in plannin it out??? or is there something more to it?

i foresee Pakistan's name in the GUINNESS BOOK of Records, 2006 as:
the only country in the world where HIDDEN HANDS do the dirty work

Regards,

THE 1

Last edited by THE 1; Friday, February 17, 2006 at 01:33 AM.

R-If is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down pathetic attitude this is..

I condenmed this type of protsest 2 weeks ago in this thread...

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/2469-satan-act-denish-news-paper-3.html

at that time there were no protests started in pakistan, but there were protesets in usa, middle east and many other countries. the very same kind of "protests". NONE of us condenmed those viloent protests going on there in usa and other western countries. WHY!!!. yeah coz they were going on there in "western" countries. Guess what, we are a liitle bit biased or may be more than a bit, if see honestly well, its pathetic and sick, to me they are much more criminal than those who made those caricatures. IF i see it as per islamic point of view. Those who made caricatures and disrespected Islam, I can say it their frustation or their hate to islam as they are non-muslim. But wat these muslims are doing!! Is it not against Islam. Arent they giving bad image of Islam. Is it not disrespect to Islam. They are muslims but they dont need feel to follow Islam. Allah has said such pplz "munfaiq" and I dont mind them saying munafiq too. I am just sick of such attitude shown by us every time. I dont know when we''ll learn. we dont even deserve to be developing country, put aside the developed. considering they the type of protests going who 'll like to invest his money in pakistan. no matter he is pakistani or american. thats pathetic. i m

Rub Raakha ..

Last edited by R-If; Friday, February 17, 2006 at 11:28 AM.
G R E N A D E
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Khushal  moderates General ChatMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Appreciation

Khushal has a spectacular aura aboutKhushal has a spectacular aura about

This is correct that "An Insult to out Prophet (S.A.W) is an insult to us" and we must condemn it and take actions against it,BUT are we doing right here at burning each and everything without even knowing whats beyond the scene.

I mean to say there are certainly much better ways and effective ways to protest,and to protest effectively but burning a fast food restaurant owned by Americans and torching 16 buses of the most famous company owned by the Koreans was just an act of idiots.

Destroying and burning the property is just an act of sick people,i would say all the countries involved in the act of caricatures publishing should first apologize and those involved in this act should be punished as they directly insulted our religion.But now that only one of the country among them have apologized the others should be boycotted socially and not by destroying and torching businessess of even those countries who were not even involved in the act.We can boycott them by bringing there economy down and by simply boycotting all the products they produce and neither to buy them and nor to use them,if all the muslims around the world do this i am sure all of the countries involved in the act will certainly bent down and apologize for this act and thus set an example for all the countries of the world so that none of them can dare to do something in the future.
Only if the Muslims get united! I wish they do Ameen!