View Single Post
Old Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Danyal Tariq is on a distinguished road

When did I say that the guy is talking about degree specifics of each category? What I am saying is, as there will be different exams for each category, then there can be a possibility that different degrees will be required. Moreover, this is not a issue that if required degrees will be same or not.

The issue is that they have divided the CSS exam into four. It means there will be four toppers every year instead of one. Every guy who tops in any of his category exams will consider himself topper. Moreover, candidates can only appear for one exam in any one of the categories every year which is sheer injustice. Okay, let's think about it for a second! If they will hold different exam for each category then what subjects they will include. They will probably include Economics, Accounting, etc for Customs, IRS category. They will include Int.Law, IR, etc for FSP category and so on. What bothers me is that if they really want to be specific at the initial stage then what is the purpose of STPs? I am sure that any qualified CSS officer can cover these subjects,as per his allocated group, during his STP. We have to improvise our training procedure rather than changing the entire structure of CSS exam.

This shows that how our political leadership is working in connivance with our military bureaucracy to put Civil Service under their thumb. They could have strengthened Civil Service by constituting it into an independent institution. They could have established a system where Civil Servants will be promoted and transferred by their own people on the basis of merit (a system which is also followed by our defence forces). We also know how Civil Servants are transferred everywhere. Only chamchaa bureaucrats get coveted positions. It is because of this political interference which has ruined Civil Service. Good governance and efficiency will emerge in Civil Service once political interference is reduced to nil.

If I go with your narrative for a second that we will be judged through this reform that whether we are fit for a group or not, then what about our LADLAAS who are recruited into Civil Service every year without taking CSS exams. You might have noticed that there was no question on military inductees during the whole talk show. We, civilians, have to go through every phase of the exam because we should be judged if we are fit or not. But LADLAAS will not go through these phases, Why? Is their graduation from Kakul superior to that of our masters or m.phils?

Trust me! These reforms are not meant for improving efficiency among Civil Servants. The only purpose of these so-called reforms is to restrict the power of Civil Servants by dividing them into categories.

What would be the efficiency of a FA Pass commissioned bacha in military? But these kids, in future, become Chairmen of PIA, DGs of ANF and other institutions. They become DGs or Chairmen because they go through some trainings and qualify different courses during their service which hone their skills. Similarly, Civil Servants should also be given proper training during their service and political interference should be reduced. Their training course should be improvised alpha and omega.

Well, this seems quite tricky at this moment. It will take a year or two to materialize this system of Ishrat saab. To me, this REVOLUTIONARY step (as was said by the idiotic anchor) is nothing but a piece of garbage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Danyal Tariq For This Useful Post:
abidkhan (Thursday, March 07, 2019), pakistankhapakhapakhapa (Thursday, March 07, 2019), Urooj rajput (Thursday, June 13, 2019), Zakkhan88 (Tuesday, March 05, 2019)