View Single Post
Old Saturday, February 18, 2006
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow @mp25bs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp25bs
Hello Everybody.
I have a few comments about the cartoon, but due to the time restrictions and other factors i was not able to keep up with everything that has been going on. I would like to ask you to explain to me as an outsider, the reason how a cartoon can lead people to take such drastic measures, and my other question is what are the indications that the figure in the cartoon is really Mohammed.
If someone could elaborate on those two issues it would be very helpful for me.
thank you
answer to your first question regarding drastic measures:
i understand where u're coming from, you want to know why cause destruction as a result of this heinous act of the Western newspapers. Well, in our part of the world, the mob psychology goes the other way round. However, you cannot always place the blame on the locals, we got foreign agencies workin around here, the law and order situations created here are often the result of neglection of duties by the law-enforcing agencies, hence, due to the the lack of a uniform check on the activities of foreign agencies, they're capable of creating chaos without facing much hassle. Usually our govt. puts the blame on religious parties, but surprisingly, this time they've decided to blame "hidden hands", meaning they're hands that the govt. is NOT SUPPOSED to SEE and even if the DO SEE it, they're supposed to close their eyes and say "I SAW NOTHING". Hope you get my point.

answer to your second question regarding the caricatures:
common sense, my dear, clarifies the question. Those caricatures were produced to depict the Prophet P.B.U.H., on purpose that is. Not that they would in any way match His Personality, or even get close to it, but the motive was to depict that the Leader of a nation is some sort of a terrorist/comic character. The approach was wrong, and therefore condemnable. In other words, it was deliberate provocation. And as brother BMDD has elaborated with an example from the lawbook, which any person with a sense of respect for others would obviously understand and not question, i need not elaborate on it any further.

DO let me know if you have the answers to your questions, your queries are welcome, but kindly try not to make them look mocking in future.

Babban bhai, thanx a lot for the detailed response. Highly appreciate it.

Regards,

THE 1

Last edited by THE 1; Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 03:48 PM.