Monday, April 29, 2024
09:06 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, February 16, 2006
39th CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 Merit 546

Naseer Ahmed Chandio is on a distinguished road
Arrow Cartoon controversy an attack on Muslim religious spirit

Dear colleagues,

Last September, a Danish newpapers has published a blasphemous cartoon and caricatures of the Holy Prophet (PBUH); actually this is an attack over Muslim Ummah, and every one of us is fully aware that the European lobby indeed wanted to project the spirit and teaching of Islam as a terror teaching religion.

But in fact, it has been a glorious and a mighty fact that Islam has always preached peace, brotherhood, sacrifice for other fellow beings and it has embodied respect for all other religions of the world. Once there passed by a jannazah of a Jew, and the Holy Prophet (PBUH) stood up for paying respect to passing by funeral.

There are countless lessons of sacrifices and peace which are jotted down in the historical books of Islam.

Islam teaches us to be peaceful, human loving not terrorism and violence.
The history of Islam is as glorious and shining as the respcet of the Holy Prophet and the supreme personality of the Holy Prophet (PBUH). Islam never teaches us to published caricatures of other religious sages. It is only the rapid spreading of Islam in Europe that has threaten the European lobby and they feel insecure themselves. They think that by doing this kind of rubbish they may be able to change the notion of their folks and a new clash of civilization may soon occur between Muslims and other ethnics of the world.

It is a high time to prove the true religous spirit of being a Muslim, every one has to expound the original message of the Holy Prophet and true teachings of Islam that has been negatively propagated by European lobby.

The Islam had become a complete religion 1400 years ago, its principles are fixed not by an earthly man but by the Allah Almighty the creator of entire universe.

If, any person from anyother religion wants to decipher the true meaning of Islam that he must have to go through the readings of the Holy Quran. Then there will never arise any dubious condition pertaining to understand and expounding the meaning of word "Islam".

Protests are on full swing throughout the Muslim world, effigies are burnt down, consulates are put on fire, embassies have been sabotaged and diplomats have been sent back.

It is the religious duty of the Government of Pakistan to cease political and economical relations with Denmark, their products must be banned throughout the country, and no bargaining be dealt on religious principles.

The guilty person must be given under the trial of OIC, and its verdict be taken as full and final. And the severe punishment be given to him as it may be an example for other atheists of the world.

"Kee Muhammad (SAW) say wafaa too nay to hum tere hain, ye jahaan cheez hay kiya Loho-Kalam tere hain".

Naseer Ahmed

riz is on a distinguished road

aoa.
indefacto ,these cartoon r attack on muslims.. and nodoubt the european countries r now ckecking that how the quantity of IMAN in muslim remaining for the angainst any outer force which wants to destroy the religion ISALM .actually their palnning is working ..b/c we the muslim honestly r diverted form our relegion ( it is fact) .there r many reasons.
but if we lokk at ourself we can better understand that till today we 've never acted according to the teachings of ISLAM properly as it has been mentioned in holy quran .the second one is that is the media culture ,which we r adopting is totally opposite to our religion ,sorry to say that in pakistan there is no single channel which can be said as islamic channal or the channal of AN ISLAMIC country.so now if we r not doing anything for the isalm then it is way open to others that they can do every thing which they want to do with any relegion. the need is that we 've to play our role and try to act upon holy sayings of OUR PROPHET (pbuh) and QURAN..
i hope that these things r v difficult to understand and then act upon that but the fact is fact , the need is that all muslim ve to unite at one stage ( but who "ll bell the cat....?) it is v easy to blame others but the difficult is to find the faults and to solve the problem..

riz .

solution of a problem is better to blaming one another ....
CSP 2006
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSP 2006

Sajid Manzoor Ahmed is on a distinguished road

Salam every body,

For sure the west is against our religion and this latest approach by the Danish is realy dreadful for the muslim world specially. But what we are doing, is it right way to protest?

This is the question that by damaging our own valuables, what kind of Islamic service it is? and what will be the effect of this practice to the Europeans and the West? They are not going to care for this kind of protests any way.

The need which was necessary since september 05, the first time publication of that stuff, to call the Danish Ambassador present in all Islamic countries and record their protest as a whole and to ask him to give the publisher his due. But the Islamic governments did not act accordingly and the result is that other famous newspapers also published the caricatures and the stuff from a small sized newspaper spread to the whole world. This is the result of negligence from the islamic governments around the world.

Just praying to God to help Muslims to follow His orders,

But the truth is" God help those who help themselves"

Regards,

Sajid.
Old Friday, February 17, 2006

zaheer baloch will become famous soon enough
Default cartoons are attack.

Thats right carton's are a attack on all muslims faith , and believe. on the other hand all the major european countries are shacking hand with danish Govt. and considering a ban of danish products as a ban on all EU products this reveals their interanle hate and agony against islam .
Old Saturday, February 18, 2006

mp25bs is on a distinguished road

Hello Everybody.
I have a few comments about the cartoon, but due to the time restrictions and other factors i was not able to keep up with everything that has been going on. I would like to ask you to explain to me as an outsider, the reason how a cartoon can lead people to take such drastic measures, and my other question is what are the indications that the figure in the cartoon is really Mohammed.
If someone could elaborate on those two issues it would be very helpful for me.
thank you
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

Islam does not allow its believers to associate any imagery to Almighty, neither does it allow to associate any imagery to its Prophets, including Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), any such acts are declared to be blasphemes. I am hoping that other members go into more details with respect to explanations given in Quran and Hadith with regards to false imagery associated to Holy figures, such as Prophet Mohammad PBUH.

The double standards of the Danish (and Western) newspapers, that they had refused to run cartoons derogatory of Jesus (peace be on him) (rightly so) and on the holocaust (rightly so). They should show the same sensitivity to the Muslims especially in the backdrop of growing Islamophobia.

I think freedom of speech which is so near and dear to our European friends is always overlooked when it come to religious sensitivities involving Muslims and their cultural values. We are almost always stereotyped for the values and traditions that we hold near and dear to our hearts.

The real truth is that the cartoons stereotype Muslims as the followers of a Prophet who condones suicide bombings and terrorism. Such stereotyping always leads to catastrophic consequences for the stereotyped community as we have seen in the case of Native Americans, African Americans, Jews and now Muslims.

1 Billion Muslims around the world are only asking others to treat us as they like to be treated, which is not the case, therefore the emotions are running high on this shameful act. I think this whole controversy would have been put out if the Danish authorities would have initially condemned the action in December, but they did not.

But I also believe, as u may have found in some other posts, that we as a muslims should condemn this actions (which they are now fully aware of to direspect religious sensitivities) in a peaceful way. I think 1 billion followers have the power in their hands to show countries such as Denmark and other that we don't approve their actions and boycott them fully. But on the other hand, I am totally against the notion of turning violent on the streets as that is also against the teahings of our religion.

At the end, I would also like you to look into some blasphemcy laws in Europe & America that requires punishment to the culprits of such shameful acts, so Muslims demanding the culprits of this mishap to be punished is only fair.

Several "democratic" European countries have anti-blasphemy laws that place limitations on speech, as do several states in the USA. For example: Chapter 272 of the Massachusetts General Laws states:

Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

Thanks.

Last edited by Babban Miyan Ding Dong; Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 09:10 AM.
CSP 2006
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSP 2006

Sajid Manzoor Ahmed is on a distinguished road

Salam!

Babban Mian has well said that there is need of a unified approach from muslims all over the world towards the west at this delicate point. Muslims are legitimate to cosider it Intended effort to hurt their feelings as far now there is no apology or any trial for the culprit announced by the Danish or west.
Babban mian has rightly mentioned that if they have blasphemcy law then it is the need of time to put the culprit under trial so that no one other can dare to do such shameful act.
It is the time for muslims too to look their plite and change their focus towards their Islamic Religion which is the ultimate source of Guidance and Progress. It is only possible by increasing the literacy level of Muslim Ummah.

Regards,

Sajid.
Banned

THE 1 will become famous soon enough
Arrow @mp25bs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp25bs
Hello Everybody.
I have a few comments about the cartoon, but due to the time restrictions and other factors i was not able to keep up with everything that has been going on. I would like to ask you to explain to me as an outsider, the reason how a cartoon can lead people to take such drastic measures, and my other question is what are the indications that the figure in the cartoon is really Mohammed.
If someone could elaborate on those two issues it would be very helpful for me.
thank you
answer to your first question regarding drastic measures:
i understand where u're coming from, you want to know why cause destruction as a result of this heinous act of the Western newspapers. Well, in our part of the world, the mob psychology goes the other way round. However, you cannot always place the blame on the locals, we got foreign agencies workin around here, the law and order situations created here are often the result of neglection of duties by the law-enforcing agencies, hence, due to the the lack of a uniform check on the activities of foreign agencies, they're capable of creating chaos without facing much hassle. Usually our govt. puts the blame on religious parties, but surprisingly, this time they've decided to blame "hidden hands", meaning they're hands that the govt. is NOT SUPPOSED to SEE and even if the DO SEE it, they're supposed to close their eyes and say "I SAW NOTHING". Hope you get my point.

answer to your second question regarding the caricatures:
common sense, my dear, clarifies the question. Those caricatures were produced to depict the Prophet P.B.U.H., on purpose that is. Not that they would in any way match His Personality, or even get close to it, but the motive was to depict that the Leader of a nation is some sort of a terrorist/comic character. The approach was wrong, and therefore condemnable. In other words, it was deliberate provocation. And as brother BMDD has elaborated with an example from the lawbook, which any person with a sense of respect for others would obviously understand and not question, i need not elaborate on it any further.

DO let me know if you have the answers to your questions, your queries are welcome, but kindly try not to make them look mocking in future.

Babban bhai, thanx a lot for the detailed response. Highly appreciate it.

Regards,

THE 1

Last edited by THE 1; Saturday, February 18, 2006 at 03:48 PM.
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Sir, _________ (fill in your name)!

We are really thankful to you for posing such a question. From such a query I can predict that you do not read the newspapers and do not know what is going around in the world.

My dear brother Babban has already given a substantial feedback. I would like to augment his comments by stating that Islam is not a religion of iconography. It is strictly prohibited to sketch out holy figures satirically. I hope you got the point and understand the philosophy behind the protests. However, the anger and frustration that is being vented through violence is not just only about the caricatures. It's a dump that has been collected over a long time.

Not digressing from the topic, I would request you to cast a glance over the caricatures. I am sure you would understand whom are they pointing to.

These people obviously know about the sentiments we have about our Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H). As my brother Babban puts it, it's a clear sign of Islamophobia. They have in the past tried a lot to eliminate this religion from Earth (They have taken Islam as a threat to them, voluntarily. They are afraid of the captivating features and burgeoning of Islam). But their evil designs never stood the force of Allah. (This is a long debate. Inshallah I will discuss this point in my next essay.)

The justification named 'freedom of press' which they have put forth in response to the Muslim protests is altogether absurd. Press freedom is always restrained by some laws of libel. When the Danish government is inquired about those laws, they tend to be dumb and paralyzed. What should we conclude from this?

Let me quote some libel laws from the Danish Constitution: (This categorizes the caricatures as illegal and renders the publisher worthy of legal prosecution)

Section 266B of the Danish penal code: “Any person who publicly or with the intention of dissemination to a wide circle of people makes a statement or imparts other information threatening, insulting or degrading a group of persons on account of their race, colour, national or ethnic origin, belief or sexual orientation, shall be liable to a fine, simple detention or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.”

Section 140 adds, “Those who publicly mock or insult the doctrines or worship of any religious community that is legal in this country, will be punished by a fine or incarceration for up to four months.”

As my brother said, the cartoons were first published in Sept. 2005 I am sure you did not see anyone protesting against it till end of January 2006 (excluding diplomats of Muslim Countries). But, as it was not enough, those maniacs published them again. I don't know if they got a divine revelation to incite the Muslims again? I think I am not wrong to proclaim that they are intentionally messing with the Muslims. They want a clash of civilizations.

Their bigotry is well evident from the fact that these westerners denied to publish the pictures of Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H). In the past, they tried the similar obscene show exhibiting Prophet Jesus (P.B.U.H) in a vulgar way, and things turned too worse for them. They just imprison anyone who simply denies or doubts the Holocaust. A Britisher is having fun in a penitentiary in Austria for the same crime. And it's only us who are extremists.

I read in a newspaper recently that some Minister in Italy has got those caricatures printed on a shirt and he is going to distribute it and wear it. How intense hatred do they have? Aren't they mentally unfit people in desparate need of psychologists?

I would like to tell you that Islam has no enmity with anyone. It's the west, that is needlessly interfering in the Muslim states. They are depriving Muslims of their power, pelf and freedom. A time comes when patience takes a back seat action comes in handy. They have to run out of our lands. They have no other choice.

Conclusion:
The good boycott strategy [Gandhi has been helpful here] of the Muslims has been a blatant slap on the face of Danish Government. I wish they could enjoy the slap for some more time to feel the pleasure.

Denmark has been a total loser in the end. It should not ofcourse worry about the enemies (as Islam is a peaceful religion) - but should count the friends it has lost. The shattered economy will be a gift from us in return of their nefarious activities.

Regards,
Adil Memon

PS: Be sure you add Prophet before and (P.B.U.H) after Mohammad in future. Respecting someone doesn't cost you anything.

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Sunday, February 19, 2006

Satan is on a distinguished road

Assalam Walaikum (May Peace and blessings of GOD be upon you),

As the other members have already told you that any image of God or of any of his Prophets is prohibited in Islam. Now the question to be asked is why it’s prohibited?

So unlike Trinity, the concept of God in Islam is Tauheed.

Surah Ikhlas:

Say: HE is God, the one and Only;(1)
the Absolute, Self-subsisting God;(2)
He has not begotten, nor has He been begotten;(3)
and nothing is like Him (4)

Any image of God Almighty will give you the perception of HIM in it, which is against the teaching of the above SURAH: Nothing is like HIM.

Same theory goes for all of his Prophets. We condemn all the images that give the perception of any of HIS Prophets, whether it’s James Caviezel in Passion of Christ (PBUH) or Robert Powell in the film Jesus (PBUH) of Nazareth

But in those cartoons there in the newspaper, they’d not only created the Images of HIS Prophet but also tried to mock Him, which is not in the teachings of any religion and which is not acceptable by any means.

Now coming to your second question “what are the indications that the figure in the cartoon is really Mohammed (PBUH)? [I’ve added PBUH by myself ]

Brother, take a look at those cartoons and ask this question to yourself.

Even if you still don’t believe that those caricatures were meant for Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) then tell me why in this world they are distributing the T-shirts of the same caricatures in Italy?

I remember once you’d rightly told us that Christianity teaches forgiveness “when someone hits you on one cheek, you are supposed to turn the other one, and let him hit you again”

Are they hitting on our cheeks or turning their cheeks to us?

It’s certainly a clear display of double standard by the west. Whether it’s the soldiers in guantanamo bay or the burning of Quran or the protection of Salman Rushdie or the exhibition of these pathetic caricatures.

I hope the answers supplied by various members are suffiecient for your queries and even if you still have something in your mind then please don’t hesitate to ask us, we’ll be more than happy to answer it.

@ Adil

Brother, "All the glitters are not gold"

Jews don’t believe in New Testament (Injeel) and Prophet Jesus Christ (PBUH) as the messenger and Messiah of God.

Christians don’t believe in Quran and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as the messenger of God.

But Alhamdulillah we Muslims do believe and respect all the Revelations and Prophets of God, so don’t expect the unexpected!