View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 10, 2020

aishalam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innocent Hafeez View Post
Sister, your essay was beyond my approach; a bit complex introduction and lengthy sentences. Well, it was fine, and a new type of outline technique. Good job. Who was conducting this competition?

That was kind of you to say, thank you! A CSS mentor on Facebook. I stumbled across the contest by accident and with about a day and a half till the deadline I thought it would be a fun way to exercise the "little grey cells" as Hercule Poirot would say.

As to your question regarding Gender Studies, it's a fairly easy subject to tackle. I agree it starts getting bland halfway through mainly because the CSS recommended syllabus doesn't really cover much of the theoretical aspects behind the subject at all. It just glossed over them which is a real shame since the theories and the theorists themselves are fascinating. I mainly opted for it under the mistaken assumption that Sociology would overlap with it. It should but the topics listed don't really help for the other so I had to change my game plan. Anyway I'd say go for it. It's useful generally as well since gender related topics crop up in the essay paper but at the end of the day it's up to you.