View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 14, 2021
***CAPTAIN HOPE***
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason:

Muhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the roughMuhammad Ali Chaudhry is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsoncool View Post
Failed in my second attempt too. I have no idea what do they expect in terms of understanding essay topic. I did everything under the sun to pass essay. My grammar is upto the mark. I followed the guidelines of those who scored 50+ in essay. The things have become uncertain to the extent that i am clueless of the hole from which the chance of success has oozed out. This time i also scored 31 in islamiat. It was one of my strengths..... i put forth strong arguments with ayats in Arabic with their translations. What else do they expect from me? I am a doctor by profession and i don't know if i should even think about appearing for the third time or not. The worst part is that when someone fails even after having command on language, ability to generate arguments at the spot and jotting down the good arguments in every subject. What went wrong? If any written qualifier of this time could share his/her strategy ......?? Or help me figure out what went wrong with me?
Sorry to hear this. You did everything right and still failed. It happens. No worries. Stay focused for next attempt maybe. It was supposed to happen this time. And yes for essay staying relevant to the topic is most important thing and it's the most easiest thing too. At the same time ,it becomes difficult when we get different views and advices you can say, from these teachers and aspirants too. So what you have to do is to attempt essay next time with 'can do' attitude. Don't pay heed to what others say because things that have worked for them,maybe they will not work for you. If you have got knowledge related to any topic then mould that essay with the demands of topic. And you will pass in Shaa Allah next time. And how to mould it ,how to write an excellent essay , well it's upto you. If you will think from your perspectives that how a great essay look like then you will pass it for sure but if you will attempt it from perspectives of other people out there then chances of failure are high because themselves they don't know exactly why they passed. Practice is a key here as I remember in old times great teachers like agha Mohsin ,they just used to tell students to write so that they become better at this.