View Single Post
Old Saturday, April 11, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the rough

The situation in Balochistan is extremely dreadful and auspicious of it being another arena for the external powers to play their heinous games in.
Yes, this province has always been ignored since our Country came into being, it was never given Autonomy as promised and Center never played a truly responsible role to solve its problems.
But would the problems be solved by blaming other provinces and tagging them as accountable? Balochistan is blessed with resources, chiefly natural gas which is supplied to the whole country; but being a part of this Country we have to cooperate for the prosperity of Pakistan. Demanding our share on the bases of Gas supply wouldn’t justify when the feudal lords of Sui are being given royalty since the year gas deposits were discovered. Punjab is rich in agriculture, yet I never heard any inhabitant saying that people of Balochistan are eating the crop of their fields.
In my perception the land of Balochistan needs a leader, who would be sincere to this land in all the aspects, who would take the ownership of inhabitants, would take proper actions which are needed and consider sincerely about increasing the awareness and literacy rate. There is no ambiguity of Nawab Bugti being a man of words and principles and a great politician; yet its difficult to point out the major changes he brought to this land when appointed as the Chief Minister. I can’t recall of any school or college made by him whether in Balochistan, in any rural area or even in Dera Bugti.
How can we deny the existence of feudal system in Balochistan when we can’t even name a Chief Minister or Governer who wasn’t a Sardar of Nawab? Center is too away to blame, but I have witnessed the auction of Posts announced in the home of Sardar Asim Kurd.
Today we need a leader who would be able to make a decision. Unlike our Chief Minister whose very first comment on the unfortunate earthquake I would quote was,
“Inshallah funds will come”.
We have already been suggested by the same person to eat pastries when questioned by a press reporter about the increase in cost of wheat. How can we forget Queen Antionette who had given the same advice to the people and the consequences afterwards?
Today we are Baloch, pathan, Punjabi, sindhi and anything but a Pakistani. Quite a lot of people loathe decisions made by Musharraf in his regime, I consider myself one of them but one of slogan truly is admirable and I pray for the people to think in the same way. It is “Sab say pehlay Pakistan”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_2007_Cool
You shout, "long live" yet you support the rape and massacre of people within its boundaries. The Baloch are also Pakistani.
Brother, nobody would support such a drastic approach neither anyone can deny Baloch being the true Pakistani.

Regards,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord AvaLon For This Useful Post:
happy ending (Sunday, April 12, 2009), Khakan (Sunday, April 12, 2009)