View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 28, 2009
Khadim-e-Fareed
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Roll Number 3208-CSS 2008Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2009Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2009Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,189 Times in 442 Posts
Mumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibliophile
Dear Members.

I herewith write to ask you ppl. I'm willing to take Sociology and Journalism for optional papers. Either they are scoring or not. I hope all senior members will help me as soon as possible.

Regards,

I Banker.

AOA.

Things keep on changing.A subject which is scoring one year can cause a major disaster the next.Take History of India And Pakistan for example. In css 2007 Average score in this subject was 110-125 some candidates even getting 156.In css 2008 it recieved a sever hammering and the average score came down to 75-90.A large segment of students even failed to get 66 marks ie passing marks.

Well coming back to your query.

Sociology and Journalism are generally considered as High scoring subjects and their second plus point is that one does not have to put in much effort to prepare these two subjects. Journalism has been among the few high scorers this year with candidates getting even 83/100 in this subject. But do not assume that this trend would continue for long.The general trend in between 60-70 in this subject.Sociology was fine till 2007 with candidates like Dr.Khalil Bhutta ( 2nd Position ) scoring 80/100 in sociology but then came 2008 and candidates really struggled to bag 60 in the subject and majority came in the bracket of 45-55.

As i have said that nothing is permanent in Css as the examiners keep on changing.These two subjects are comparatively safer than the others.So i guess you should fasten your belt and go for them or for better idea you can wait till the result of css 2009 in announced and you can see some DMS's for a better idea.

Best of Luck

Regards

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Thursday, May 28, 2009 at 12:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mumtaz Hayat Maneka For This Useful Post:
Artemis (Thursday, May 28, 2009), Surmount (Thursday, May 28, 2009)