View Single Post
Old Friday, June 12, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

dr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Memon
Dr. Atif,

I hope you are doing well. Dr. Hassan and AFRMS have done the job to a large extent. I will only add.
I am fine .Yes, they have virtually helped me a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Memon
My suggestions:

Sentence 1: It is over stuffed. Reduce some commas or split the sentence. Besides, I would prefer 'illness' and 'death' over 'illnesses' and 'deaths'. Don't ask me the rules. I don't know them. All this comes from inside.
Agreed.

Quote:
Sentence 3: Advancing medical sciences ARE. Apart from that, I don't like the idea of medical sciences TRYING to find out things. This credit must be attributed to human beings, not sciences.
agreed.
Quote:
Sentence 4: In future... generations to come... This seems redundant. You could have eliminated the words 'in future'. The dot of 'i' in diseases is missing. And I would suggest addition of the word 'only' in the end.
agreed
Quote:
Sentence 5: It could have been further shortened as: "We can only progress by preventing wars". You left many such opportunities above as well. Do you agree?
yes, I agree
Quote:
Sentence 6: Remove 'because' or use it as a conjunction to join it with the preceding sentence. 'Hardwork' is incorrect.
agree

Quote:
These are just minor mistakes I pointed out in your written English expression. Obviously, many other mistakes have been pointed out by Dr. Hassan and AFRMS, which you must take very seriously.
I am taking them seriously.In the subsequent precis, I will keep them in my mind.
Quote:
I do not like your title
I have made a new one in a precis that I am posting along with this post after considering all the points that all of you told me .

Quote:
You left many opportunities to precise more. You could have easily made it to the word limit but you failed. And I did not like your hand writing much. Though it is legible, it is not attractive.
Yes I agree.I need tips to improve hand writing .

Quote:
You overwrote twice in 150 words which means you'll overwrite 40 times in an essay of 3000 words. It will look very odd.
Yes its problem with me that I expand the things rather than condensing and concising.I hope , I will overcome my this shortcomming.
Quote:
In case you have any further queries, you are most welcome.

Regards,
Insha Allah and thanks

Here I am posting my precis after some changes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.atifrana For This Useful Post:
Adil Memon (Friday, June 12, 2009), AFRMS (Friday, June 12, 2009)