View Single Post
Old Friday, June 12, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

dr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daud DD
Dear Dr sb,

I think lot has been done to ur Precis to make it right one.
I will only suggest you the right heading as if heading goes wrong the body text is of no use......I hope u agree with this...
If I were the exmainer of ur precis in CSS exam.....I would have rated this piece of writing as not aligned with its heading. Actually doctor sb ...the piece of text that u have chosen for precis is composed of two altogether different subjects.......I mean there is no comparison of a WAR with HARSH WEATHER........People genarally dont live in harsh weather but unfortunately they are required to face the war as par and parcel of their life ......to srvive.

I think u must bring the sentences related to WAR at the begining of paragraph and then somehow(((I dont no how dr sb )...for sake of precis just lik it with harsh weather as well.

For me the heading could be..

The impact of WAR & Weather on human civilization.

Regards to all
Dear Daud,
first of thanks for the comments.Dear,you may be right ,but the question is not the impact of war & weather on human. Here the actual purpose of the passege is to show that man has advanced and is advancing with a good pace.All miseries that are brought by weather can be coped successfully by man.Here he incited the acquisition of atomic power that can melt the ice in ice shelves and ice caps.
In the second paragraph He talks about the present day diseases.You neglected mentioning this in your title.Here he is optimist that one day man will overcome the health problems by inventing the cure of different life threatening diseases.
The third paragraph is about war.Here the writer means that we have advanced so much that a single war could be precarious to the very existence of human kind.So here he proposes the solution , that all the states should form a single government or federation which punishes those states that breach peace.

Regards