Thread: Attention:
View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010

Thanked 1,291 Times in 524 Posts
Viceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to beholdViceroy is a splendid one to behold

Assalam-o-allaikum

Well thanks for the appreciating the credibility of the forum first of all

As far as the moderators' job is concerned, kindly consider the following

1 - The moderator ribbon does not authorize us to reply to aspirants as an authoritative reply on matters regarding CSS. The CSPs and qualifiers are always more than welcome to post their reply. We have a great respect for all CSPs and Qualifiers and we never claim to be an authority on CSS.

2 - The nature of a moderator's job is a little beyond just replying to new aspirants. Primarily moderators have to deal with the thousands of new and old posts here. Deletion, cleaning up the useless posts, organizing the posts according to the respective forums etc. We spend a lot of our time in the last pages of the forums so as to make sure when some one visits he finds things in order. I wonder if a respected CSP is free enough for this job alongwith making sure he visits the forum daily.

3 - The moderators do post in the General Forums but if you carefully analyze, the ratio I am sure is fairly high on the side of useful posts in other forums (Details can be provided for each moderator)

4 - Moderators try their best to guide the aspirants only on matters they are sure about. If any senior feels that the moderator's guidance is insufficient or for that matter misleading, he is more than welcomed to correct it and that would be received with thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asifr
they are always there to extend their piece of kind advice to the aspirants which is highly unethical.
I hope you change your mind after going through my humble explanation.
We are here to assist the interaction between CSPs/Qualifiers and Aspirants. If at any stage you feel a moderator is wrong, he/she may be, seniors are expected to correct and let's make this interaction more useful and more team-like.

Regards
dr.atifrana (Wednesday, June 24, 2009), Predator (Wednesday, June 24, 2009), Surmount (Wednesday, June 24, 2009)