View Single Post
Old Friday, July 10, 2009

Preshan Gul is on a distinguished road
Default Corruption isn’t a necessary evil in our society my dear!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.G.AsgharMemon
Dear preshan gul, for every argument, there are two ways. one is superficial, the other is deep. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....
may God bless u and ur views
Thanks for sharing your views on this topic. Words coming from the mouth of a Doctor (that you apparently seem) on the issue of Doctors leaving their profession with the intent of joining Civil Service should be listened more attentively then that of other folks, for, they give us a chance to know the heart of an affected party. I have listened your views very open-heartedly and though your “two way theory” in which, according to you, one can observe some thing both subjectively and objectively at the same time has confused me a lot, I could extract the following main points from your whole post:

1. Obtaining a Medical Degree is an arduous, tiresome and time-consuming process.
2. After getting their degrees the young Doctors are hired on very low salaries against a very tough schedule of duties.
3. Doctors are not given due respect and even a Sepoy of Police enjoys more influence and power in our rural areas then a Doctor.
4. Since young Doctors do not get their due regard in our society they prefer to jump to the Civil Service which is a very prestigious profession in our country.

I wonder, in whole of your post, in which point you differed with me!? I delineated in my article “that our young men are kindling their aspiration for Civil Service from three ‘Pzz’ rather than from the earnest desire of serving the country”. By depicting the miserable condition of Doctors in monetary and social aspects and calling it a reason for deserting their profession you indirectly agreed with my point of view. I believe that basic thing is your commitment with your profession irrespective of the fact how people think of it. A Doctor in our society is deemed a messiaha and people think highly of him but in the recent wave of materialism our Doctors, unfortunately, lost much of their esteem by turning themselves into money-making machines. It is so saddening that we often hear about some mind-numbing incident of some rapacious Doctor refusing to operate upon some dying patient just because the relatives of that wretched patient couldn’t fill the coffers of the greedy guy.
Accepted that a talented person’s want to be admired and esteemed high in society is a natural desire but this self-centered motive shouldn’t be the primary one in choosing or switching to some profession. We are standing at a very critical juncture in our history. Our hapless country needs committed and ascetic officers who less care about their privileges and protocols and more concentrate on building our downtrodden nation on strong footings. Our energetic young guys came with tall claims of serving the country but, unfortunately, end up in perpetuating the plight of this miserable country.

Coming to your last point which agonized me most that “corruption is a necessary evil in our society” I can say only that may God encourage you to fight against this “necessary evil” instead of laying down arms before it. No doubt our society is rife with corruption and malpractices but corruption can’t not be consented as necessary under any conditions. Corruption is necessary for corrupt people not for the whole society. Being part of a department which is considered one of the most corrupt in our country I have experienced that people indulge in corruption because they covertly desire so. If you want to fight against the demon of corruption you can do so no matter how worse the conditions around you are. You just need two things: courage and patience. If we young guys will lay down arms before the old corrupt practices who will fight against them then????