View Single Post
Old Sunday, July 12, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

dr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the roughdr.atifrana is a jewel in the rough

My experience about GAT General for Mphil

I have a very unique experience.A week before the test I made up my mind for M phil.But when I enquired abt the admission from university, they told me that GAT general must be passed before the admission.So I saw NTS web site , only 4 days were left for test.I submitted late fees of 1000 rupees and took the form with ID card and fees slip to the test center on the test day, they alloted me roll no and allowed me to sit in the hall.

I had not studied it seriously and just took it as a chance.The test was on 5th july AND I had no experience of that test before.
I tell you what I did.
First of all I solved english portion, from where I got 34 right out of 40
Then I started solving math portion ( after spending some time on analytical but it was time consuming so I left it for later) in this portion I got 17 right out of 30.
A very funny thing in the end .I was left with only 5 minutes and the whole analytical was to be solved .So I just randomly filled the round circles with blach marker.Here 6 out of 30 tukkas were successful.
so accumulatively I got 57 marks and my standing in that particular test was 90.8 %.

so time manegment is the key for success.If I had proper time for analytical portion, definitly I would have 18 to 20 correct and my score would be more then 70.

so my opinin and suggestion is....Do the english and math portion in the first hour and let the second hour reserved for analytical.

rgds
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr.atifrana For This Useful Post:
rabail (Tuesday, July 14, 2009), Zoyee (Sunday, July 12, 2009)