View Single Post
Old Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about

@ Preshan Gul

An excellent analysis and well knitted passage

I would take some excerpts from your initial post to discuss them by and by.

Quote:
it is a very interesting, though not so admirable fact that, people crave for civil services only for three “Pzz”: power, prestige and privilege.
No doubt it sounds so interesting that our youth sweats for 3 P's and its also factual that 3 P's are earned by painstaking prudence, diligent determination and unflinching audacity . If one is ready to do utmost for making the dream of CSP a reality of life definately deserves laurels. I mean is to utter the hard reality of preperation that had to be made for winning the battle of CSS with glorified radiance.

Quote:
Present civil service of Pakistan is a direct descendent of British Civil Service and its traditions of arrogance and narcissism and even time to time changes in its structure introduced by different governments couldn’t affect its colonial spirit. So we see in the form of our bureaucracy remnants of British raj trying to preserve the legacy of colonialism. More than 60 years have passed since we got freedom but it is so strange that our bureaucrats are still living in the pre-independence British India and their aloofness from common man rightly reminds us that we are still dwelling in an occupied land ruled by some alien race.
Very right but I dont agree with the conclusion. Bureaucracy isnt aloof from masses but they are not perpetuating revolutionary changes as its expected to them. The cream of the nation joins Civil Services from multitude professions so the general expectations make sky the limit and eventually they fail to get it. When the expectations are unfulfilled the light of hope is dimmed so the statements of "haughtiness of bureaucracy" and "legacy of colonialism" come across. There can be many reasons for ineffectiveness other then individual lapses.
  • Inadequate Monetary Compensation
    Political Instability
    Insufficient Resources
    Lack of Democratic Culture
    Undue Political interference
    Nepotism
    Plutocracy Culture
    Absence of Reward Culture
    Absence of Objective Performance Yard-stick
    Rigid Service Structure

The above mentioned factors made an enthusiastic and determined CSP a stiffed neck bureaucrat.

I would continue with my discussion in the next sitting..............

Sorry for inconvenience.