View Single Post
Old Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Arrow Continuation .........

Quote:
A young idealist may claim that he wants to join this field to serve his country. Without doubting the genuineness of his claim and without questioning his intentions I do say your claim is shallow for I have, with a heavy heart, seen a large number of people leaving such noble professions as medical and engineering and joining civil service. With what aims?? ……..
I believe that claim of serving the nation and poor masses living miserable life fell short of practicality when a CSP joins the field after the completion of STP. If the intention is to serve the country then it could be in any of the field even railway is the most useful way to reduce the sufferings of common people as thousands of them travel through on daily basis… but how many of the aspirants want to join Railway….? Almost none. Even those who are selected in the services / groups other then PSP, DMG, Customs and Foreign Services make utmost to join the said groups even at a loss of their seniority of 2 to 3 years.

I am also doubtful about the catch-phrase of serving the nation . There is no problem if an engineer or a doctor is joining civil services but I am not convinced to the claim that doctors and engineer could serve better being in the civil services like DMG, PSP and customs as compared to those who did specializations in their respective fields. It is most likely that a doctor being PSP or DMG officer would have no participation while the health policies are designed federal level and so with other fields.

The crux of the matter is we need competent and meticulous professionals in the civil services who has to develop policies of the country at their senior position and they should also have the talent to represent the country at any of the forum and we could proudly say that here we have our gems.

Quote:
Can’t they serve their country in a better manner being doctors or engineers than being bureaucrats????? Surely our country needs more Doctors and Engineers than civil servants.
The reason for joining civil services is more of aptitude than anything else. It happens that a Dr. or Engineer serves for 2 years and suddenly realize that he or she should opt for CSS its nothing but the aptitude. It also happens that after qualifying such big exams one fails to get the job and make his / her mind to prepare for CSS. Here I would like to quote an example of an engineer who was so eager for CSS till his 4th year of Engineering and continued his preparation side by side from 3rd semester but just after completion he got a lucrative job with handsome salary of Rs. 80,000 alongwith frequent foreign visits and he left the dream to join civil services. Many would disagree with my stance but it’s also the perspective that exists and we should accept it.

Quote:
Please don’t try to be rulers of this poor country. Be servant of this beloved land. We have enough of rulers, now we need earnest servants for this country teeming with courage, determination and ability to change this outmoded system.
Yes all the aspirants and qualifiers should make their individual efforts to change the system although it won’t be in one day but only the young blood could do it. We have to give a better Pakistan to our coming generations and it’s possible only if we are ready to serve the country and its people with out utmost efforts.