View Single Post
Old Friday, August 14, 2009

Preshan Gul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOrn2ruLE
I wanna join this group just for "ABSOLUTE POWERS"
It's not like that I belong to a very rich background but I have no lust for money. I just want authority and command, as I think I have got managerial skills rather than functional.
Please correct me, If anything you think in my ideology is mischievous.
Thanks and regards!
‘It wields much needed power and authority’, what do you think these words are for???? You want to join this service for ‘absolute powers’ and think that you have got managerial skills. You may be right. Hankering for power, as I already mentioned in some previous post, isn’t mischievous in itself; it is the motive for aspiring power that determines the good or badness of your urge for power. Cogitate in your solitude over your longing for power and explore your heart honestly why do you want power??? Most probably you may be a victim of ‘personal aggrandizement’ and you may be trying to satiate your ‘distorted ego’. If this is the case than get rid of this plague as early as possible for it is harmful not only for you but also for your country. Power for the sake of power is negative in its essence and hence can’t bring ant positive change in the society. As historian John Edward said “Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely” and as William Pit asserted “Unlimited power is apt to corrupt the minds of those who possess it” so is our general observation in our society for we see a ‘normal homos sapiens’ turning into a ‘haughty, stiff-necked statue’ as long as he attains some power or authority. I again and again plead that we are passing through a very critical phase of our history and need earnest, conscientious and ascetic officers who work for the betterment of this country and not for filling their egotistical whims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Naqvi
@ Preshan Gul

An excellent analysis and well knitted passage
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........
I would continue with my discussion in the next sitting..............
+ Continuation
Your detailed analysis of the situation mentioned in my post is excellent and you have even explored the corners that I left for some reason. Your following passage superbly answers those forum members who seem so agitated at my impudence of questioning the motive of their joining Civil Service.

I believe that claim of serving the nation and poor masses living miserable life fell short of practicality when a CSP joins the field after the completion of STP. If the intention is to serve the country then it could be in any of the field even railway is the most useful way to reduce the sufferings of common people as thousands of them travel through on daily basis… but how many of the aspirants want to join Railway….? Almost none. Even those who are selected in the services / groups other then PSP, DMG, Customs and Foreign Services make utmost to join the said groups even at a loss of their seniority of 2 to 3 years.

Also your point regarding Doctors and Engineers joining the Civil Service with the so-called slogan of serving the nation is revealing and tells the real story. Though I agree with almost all of your points yet I couldn’t reconcile with your statement that “bureaucracy isn’t aloof from masses”. It is the pig-headed bureaucracy together with headless Military and brainless Politicians that jointly have lead our country to the present state of chaos and uncertainty. These three actors have always remained so remote from the common man that no cohesive nation spirit could be formed in our society. Of these three I blame bureaucracy the most because our Generals and Politicians, keeping in view their ‘qualities of head and heart’, aren’t of such a stature to even think of bringing some change. So the responsibility rests on Bureaucrats who you say are ‘the cream of our nation’. This ‘cream of our nation’ instead of awakening the masses to bring some betterment in their lot, connived with the Generals and Politicians for its personal gains and thus consistently played the role of an alien ruler mindless of the needs and aspirations of the common man. You may say that how bureaucracy could do anything with out the help of rulers. The point is valid but if bureaucracy couldn’t do something positive for the progress of this country it could at least have stopped our senseless rulers doing things that proved detrimental to the destiny of our nation. Instead of being an impediment in the way of wrong policies of our rulers our dear bureaucracy, most of the time, played a very happy role of a facilitator in dragging this country down to the path of regression. It is wrong to say that bureaucracy alone can not undo the follies committed by previous successive rulers. A single person, a single upright person, let alone the whole bureaucracy, can do the marvel with the indefatigable courage and relentless zeal if he is committed with his nation and his land. What did our bureaucracy have done in the past 62 years other than supporting the malpractices of our rulers and perpetuating the plight of the poor masses? Basking under the borrowed shine of fake superiority and contended with the position of being instruments of tyranny and misrule in the hands of successive despots our bureaucrats only increased their personal lots and sunk the fate of this hapless nation. .
We need now a new breed of Bureaucrats: ascetic, energetic and ready to sacrifice every thing for uprightness and virtue. As early as we get rid of routinist officers it is better for our dear homeland.

------------------------------

Now after announcement of CSS 2009 Exams as a large number of candidates are preparing to join Civil Service it would be extremely useful for us to know with what aims and ambitions they intend to enter this service.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, April 11, 2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: posts merged