View Single Post
Old Saturday, August 22, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold
Default We learn from history that we don’t learn from history.

i have no words to pay my gratitude to the seniors for the valuable guidance they provided me to improve my writing skills.Here goes my next attempt in which i have made utmost effort to write in the light of your guidance.

We learn from history that we don’t learn from history.

The modern world may turn in to heaven if history is regarded as torch-bearer. However it never happened in the history of mankind. The thrust for material pursuits always set aside the lessons of history that resulted into the recurrence of blunders historically proved as lethal and disastrous.

History enlightens that nothing is eternal in this world but human acts. The brutal rulers, of their times, ultimately departed their lives. Their acts were prosecuted in the impartial court of history to decide their place in it. Many of them were convicted ruthlessly and their name affixed on the dark pages of history. Nevertheless, no lesson was learnt and that brutality continued to prevail in the coming periods.

History also acknowledges and appreciates the services rendered for betterment of humanity. There is a galaxy of stars sparkling on the bright pages of history. These shining stars devoted their lives for the cause of humanity. History rewarded them irrespective of their social and monetary status. Socrates was a stone cutter but he devoted his life to preach truth against cruelty of ruthless rule. He was humiliated and sentenced to death but history honored him. Today he is remembered as a great philosopher and a dignified person. His opponents were lost in the ocean of time and no one knows their names.

History proceeds in just and equitable way. It has proved that human values of love, justice and dignity prevail in the long run over the momentary delights. This turbulent world would transform in to a peaceful, progressive and prosperous one, when human beings stared learning from history.