View Single Post
Old Monday, August 24, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleeqa Batool

Sweet are the uses of adversity

Harmful effect of adversity can be transformed into sweet results by developing a positive, prospective and optimistic approach. The realities of life, its evil nature, and harsh truths are visible only when one passes through a phase of adversity. Adversity can shake us out of routine thinking and compels towards introspection. It reveals one flaws and shortcomings. So, once confronted with failure, one can learn to overcome the obstacles and head towards the success.

The high achievers always taste the bitterness of failure before reaching the zenith of majesty. Ultimately they could hit the target with confidence they had set before, when they exercised patience. Sir Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in jail and during this period he emerged as a potent symbol of freedom. His struggle in the adverse conditions earned him honor and respect across the globe.

Our own leader Quide Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah set the example of founding a new state in the face of intense opposition from the Rulers and other influential forces
. He had to fight on multiple fronts. But, these adversities strengthened his commitment instead of being hurdle in his way.

Adverse situation offers the best opportunities to prove one’s mettle. Those who learn the art of making their way in the worst conditions, never fail during the ordinary course of time. Unfavorable condition always carries positive aspects, but under the veil. One should strive to unveil the positive sides and continue the journey instead of laying down the arms before it. In this way, adversity may prove a blessing in disguise.
buddy, i don't like students who repeat the same mistakes.

in my previous suggestions, i had asked you to keep it simple. don't try to stuff in english phrases. rather than impressing the reader it exposes your weakness in the language. e.g. what is this "Zenith of majesty"?

i've been strict in my checking this time. and i have highlighted/coloured the parts which contained grammatical errors, or could have been better or lacked maturity.

i shall leave it to you to point out your mistakes.

regards,

saleeqa batool,

let me add that i like the spirit with which you've been composing these passages and posting them. believe me, while i was preparing for the exams, i simply hated these things.

i didn't compose as many passages during my entire study period as you've done within the last few days.

keep it up!

regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program

Last edited by Shooting Star; Wednesday, May 09, 2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: merged