View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Sam is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Foreign Service of Pakistan contd.

Dear All...

I think everyone here is having a bit of misunderstanding.. and the thread could have been left open for things to be clarified.

I would like to share my opinion on the matter... a matter that wasn't thought to be so controversial as it had become.

We (though Junior Members as we had been called lately) requested Mr Shahid to provide us information about FSP, and because it contained all of our answers... we appreciated it. What else is this forum for? For "Junior Members" to ask CSP's and Seniors about things they don't know, and to have their questions replied. I respect Mr Shahid with all of my heart for being honest and true guidance.

When they started comparing different Groups, the problem arrived. Each of the professions has its advantages along with disadvantages. The question is, if someone really likes his profession and he advises others by "bragging" about the pros of it, even pointing out few (but not none) cons too, is it really necessary to criticize him for that?

In my opinion, all the bureacracy and forces are the lifeblood of my motherland, regardless of few corrupt examples... They are doing for Pakistan what we cannot do. If someone, who is serving his country devotedly, is questioned for his patriotism or sincerity... losing temper is not unlikely for such a situation. And sorry to say Bro Alamgirian your words were rather ridiculing than suggesting improvement.

For God's sake... who's asking to compare what is in PSP that is absent in FSP or vice versa? I think under a thread titled Foreign Service of Pakistan on such a forum that is to encourage and enlighten CSS aspirants, one wouldn't expect to find a list of disadvantages of opting for FSP.

What I can recall is, the stay of FSP's in world's capitals was being discussed, so comparing to local smaller cities was just a relative difference, not making fun of Pakistan's cities.

I would suggest that Objection for the sake of Objection should be avoided... and if some respected Officer takes out time for Junior Members like me from his invaluable time... he should be respected other than criticized.

I would request Shahid Bhai to stay on the forum, because he is one of the CSP's who regularly visits this forum and provides true guidance to all of us, and his siblings need him.

P.S: Though everyone on the forum must be respected and treated equally, there is a difference between a Teacher's status and of a student's... I think that's the same difference between a CSP Officer and an aspirant.

Regards

Last edited by Sam; Wednesday, April 26, 2006 at 06:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam For This Useful Post:
madiha alvi (Sunday, April 28, 2013)