View Single Post
Old Wednesday, November 04, 2009
37th Common
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 275

Syed Saadat will become famous soon enoughSyed Saadat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunko View Post
@ Aarizahmed;

Thanks brother, Yes The reason behind my confusion is,

1) My two friends, Who passed CSS, They used Headings in their Essay.
2) This year, My another friend, Used headings in essay and got 51 marks.
3) Prof. Ali Rizi ( Very Good English Teacher ) prohibit to use any type of headings in essay.

So Question in my mind is, If Prof. Strictly prohibit to use headings in Essay, Than how come these guys pass their Essay Exam. :/

So thats Why, I gradually ask this questions in this forum to evaluate the majority.
Anywayz, Thanks for Help!

Regards,
well i think headings in essay is not a great idea,if someone has passed despite heading it only means that headings or no headings ,the content matters alot and headings do not solely bring you down to the level of failure in essay paper.

I dint use headings at all in essay and scored 61 ,last year ofcourse

Essays dont have headings they should be

Crisp
Outlined
Precise
full of Cogent Content

ALSO length does not matter as much as it may seem,I remeber we had instructions to write 4000 words and i could write around 1500-2000 words essay and dint drag it becasue i dint have more to offer on that subject at that instant and still scored reasonably.Its kind of a trap one feels in exam that he/she is writing new things but actually are just putting across the same thing in a slightly different manner ,so do read your essay as you attempt it from time to time ,say after you have written 3-4 pages,go through it to check relevance and avoid repetition.
Avoid repitition specially repitition usually done for the sake of increasing the volume.

sS
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Syed Saadat For This Useful Post:
aliz_khanz (Wednesday, November 04, 2009), amubin (Thursday, November 12, 2009), madiha alvi (Sunday, October 27, 2013), mangat1 (Wednesday, November 04, 2009), Only_Breath (Wednesday, November 04, 2009), Sadia Munawar (Monday, November 16, 2009), Sajid Sadeem (Wednesday, November 04, 2009), Zoyee (Wednesday, November 04, 2009)