View Single Post
Old Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 5225

Sajid Sadeem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Saadat View Post
well i think headings in essay is not a great idea,if someone has passed despite heading it only means that headings or no headings.

I dint use headings at all in essay and scored 61 ,last year ofcourse

Essays dont have headings they should be

Crisp
Outlined
Precise
full of Cogent Content

ALSO length does not matter as much as it may seem,I remeber we had instructions to write 4000 words and i could write around 1500-2000 words.
I totally agree with Mr Saadat.
Technically headings are not part of an essay. They may be used to show separate parts of a literary paper, research paper, news report, or even a simple question.
When you write an outline, it gives the whole picture of your essay in a nutshell. You don't need to write headings again. They would just create more hurdles and confusion in the conformity and coherence of thought presented in the essay.
You must go through your essay with your content and matter along with your original sentence structuring (expression). In other words an essay can be divided into these parts: Content (wording), Concept (premise, what is your logic or the point on which you have framed your ideas), Coherence (conformity of thought), References (quotations, facts and figures, etc) and Syntaxing (expression, your language).
I believe one should have a good control of all these factors to produce good essays.
aliz_khanz (Wednesday, November 04, 2009), Syed Saadat (Saturday, November 07, 2009), Zoyee (Wednesday, November 04, 2009)