Thread: Trend CSS-2009
View Single Post
Old Friday, November 06, 2009
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Trend CSS-2009

Dear Folks,

Let's try to identify the trend for CSS 2009 (those who didn't make it):

I took 100 random roll numbers and below are the observations:

1) Majority fail in English Essay (>95%)
2) Those who fail in English Essay, do not necessarily do bad in English Precise but they surely secure low marks in Current Affairs, and Pakistan Affairs.
3) The surprising thing to see was that in those 100 people, a big chunk of the majority scored above 50 percent, and the median fell somewhere on 55. That means that majority opted Islamiat in Urdu (because if you fail English Essay n score 65 in Islamiat:: I guess it makes it obvious)
4) The students who opted Indo Pak History fared well:: The average score for those 100 people was over 100. I saw instances where people scored around 144 and still did not make it.
5) P.A and Pushto are the subjects that will never let you down. I did not come across a single failure.
6) People who have failed either in Compulsory or were short in the Aggregate field fared better in Journalism especially. This means Journalism should be one of the choies for 2010.
7) Geography was opted by a few people, as compared to the previous trend and the guys were not able to fare well in it.

P.S::: Addendums to these observations are invited. Please note as well that it is just a statistical approach to it. Might prove otherwise as well!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to umarabbas For This Useful Post:
aslamshah (Sunday, November 15, 2009), atif jamil (Thursday, November 12, 2009), fahadfa (Saturday, November 07, 2009), khalidbjr (Saturday, November 07, 2009), MadihaMalik (Friday, November 13, 2009), zaheer baloch (Saturday, November 07, 2009)