View Single Post
Old Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

I was just kidding. 'Great' ban'ney ke liye CSS pass kerna zaroori hai .... by the way.

Anyway type of thinkers is a very wide issue. The famous saying which you quoted does depict a general pattern of thinking of different types of people. But I do not think that it has anything to do with 'greatness'.

Robert Braffalt, an English Anthropologist, says that many 'thinkers' go after stupid and un-necessary details of 'particular' things. While others take interest in broad and general realities of self, humanity and the Universe as a whole.

In my personal opinion, I classify even most of 'Phds' in first category of 'thinkers'.

I also consider 1st type of 'thinkers' as 'koyein ke mandak' who just remain unfamiliar to the freshness of the broad and general realities of life and universe.

In University, our new teacher of English often advised us "think about the things".

I had to make presentation for his class and I made presentation on the topic of "How Do We Think". And I really presented my own theory of "how do we think". I presented: from where ideas come to mind, how one idea is preceded by other ideas and so on.

I was thinking about 'ideas' but I am not great at all. I am different however but only in this sense that I think about very different things.

You can search the Net, I am sure you will not find anywhere: from where ideas come to mind, how one idea is preceded by any other etc. etc.

Great hony ke liye haath mein power aur authority honi chahiye ..... bas.

thanks!