Thread: Eye problem
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 17, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason:

AmBrosiaL EloQuence will become famous soon enoughAmBrosiaL EloQuence will become famous soon enough
Default @ kashif1000

aoa

hope ma post findz u in good health n spirit.

now as far as ur query iz concerned the gss mediacal rules clearly state that

"To be passed as fit for appointment a candidate must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties of his/her appointment."

so i believe that if u strike a balance ov vision between both eyes it may not interefere wid da criterion ov selcetion in css. however for certain groups like police it may b a considerable issue.

but on the other hand the mentionin ov the fact that each eye will be examined separately can b a point ov apprehension in ur case.

howeva um jottin down the general rules for css medical assessment regardin vision for ur convenience.

The candidate’s eye sight will be tested in accordance with the following rules. The result of each test will be recorded:’

(i) General-The candidate’s eyes will be submitted to a general examination directed to the detection of any disease of abnormality. The candidate will be rejected if he/she suffers from any squint or morbid conditions of’ eyes, eyelids or contiguous structures, or such a sort as to render, or to be likely at a future date to render him/her unfit for service.

(ii) Visual Acuity, -(A). The examination for determining the acuteness of vision includes two tests—one for distant, the other for near vision. Each eye will be examined separately.

for Police group

The Army test types will be used for the test for distant vision without glasses at a distance of 6096 millimeters and for the test or near vision, without glasses, at any distance selected by the candidate.

hope i have been ov some help

regardz
ambrosial eloquence