View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 02, 2010

Legend is on a distinguished road
Default @Saleeqa Batool

Hi,

Though I have always been an admirer of your stance and approach toward creating a democratic atmosphere in Pakistan in its letter and spirit yet I do not agree to most of the things you said above. It would be totally unjust to malign an organization cause of a few culprits. Do you know the strength of Pakistan army? Its almost one million. How many of them are generals? And How many of them, who according to your statement were power hungary and tried to come in power by a coup de tat?
Army is the only institute which is well disciplined; personnel well trained and well educated (Yes I am right when I say well educated). They are unique in a way that they readily give their blood to the motherland. Not only on borders, but the insidious arena of war is an excellent example of their sacrifices that they make.

Quote:
Commissioned Officers get the salary just like any other BPS 17 employee but the fringe benefits of army officials include a batman, laundry, military vehicle for movement, foreign trainings etc that multiply his salary to the level of BPS 19 (if earns honestly).
Yeah, an officer gets a salary equivalent to that of a Grade 17 employee but the facility of buddy has long been snatched because it was disgraceful for the institution to have an army men at home who is reserved to clean and keep the home tidy. At least this is the reason i heard, which means the facility to have free laundry has also been taken away. Furthermore they are not given any vehicle for their personal use, like a Grade 17 officer.

Quote:
“Army has a authoritative mindset and by nature they consider themselves superior to others”.
Try to be just and reply, is it a proper way to demonize a whole organization on the basis of one single experience?

Quote:
Let me tell you that my cousin is Lt Col from medical core and he has earned Pak Rs 3 M during his 2 years military attachment to Cape Town – South Africa other then his routine expanses. You know he have not to pay even a single penny to the revenue department because his salary isn’t taxable.
Again, not all the army personnel get such lucrative opportunities to add something to their existing accounts. As well as, Police men are also sent on such missions where they can earn some easy money.

Quote:
The biggest fact is that during Bhtto’s regime the gifts given by other states to PM were treated as state property. Zia made an amendment and allowed the incumbent head of Govt (President himself at that time as CMLA) to keep these gifts after paying 15pc of the cost of the gift. And Musharf went a step further by allowing the president to retain the gift valuing more than 400000/= without paying even a single penny to Govt treasury. By manipulating the procedures Zia, Musharf and Shaukat Aziz took away gifts, a public property worth billions of rupees. Still for you the dictators are the Santa Claus.
You must keep the example of Ayub Khan in mind while talking about the gifts given. While holding any public office the gifts are property of the state and Ayub khan, no matter if he was a dictator never tried to make them his personal property. I am not advocating dictatorship as I have always been in favor of democracy in our Country. The points you gave are absolutely agreeable as the jurisdiction of NAB must be extended and army and judiciary must be held accountable to eliminate any possible chances of corruption in these institutes. Actually corruption has always been more like a state of mind of our politicians. Neither they are afraid of God Almighty, nor they have any sympathy left in some corner of their hearts for the common man. But again a dictatorial regime can never be the solution, which is to make the organs of state working efficiently.

Regards

Last edited by Lord AvaLon; Saturday, January 02, 2010 at 11:59 AM.