View Single Post
Old Saturday, January 30, 2010

vicky786 is on a distinguished road

Well the basic structure of an essay should be:

• Introduction
  • Arguments
  • Conclusion
As far as the main body is concerned, always give a chronological account, you can start by saying:

Ever since the inception of Pakistan, the trust deficit has always existed between the provinces due to the imbalance in power, after the sad departure of Qauid-e-azam, a political vacum was created, and as a direct result of the power vacum, power become concentrated in the hands of few Punjabi elitists. Other provinces such as NWFP and Baluchistan were deeply neglected by the elitist group, therefore, the negelected provinces edged dangerously towards underdevelopment, which translated into backwardness and extreme poverty. Conditions such as poverty, lack of oppurtunities and ignorance, all by-products of underdevelopment are precisely the root causes of extremism........

I have attempted to write a paragpraph, which I would use it as my opening argument due to chronoligical importance, I would like to believe that my paragrapgh is coherrent as each sentence further elaborates the previous point. Coherrence is vital when attempting essays or any question to PAK AFFAIRS, CURRENT AFFAIRS, ISLAMIYAT ETC ETC.

You can further develop the essay by pointing the military takeovers by and the impact it has had on Pakistan and how the tragedy was further intensified by the dictators, Zia and his stance to support USA against soviet union, and the impact it had on taliban when USA and Pakistan completely abandoned the regime, and did not take part in rebuliding process. You can further elaborate by mentioning corruption, increase in poverty due to bad governance in the past, they are direct by-products of abusive and incompetent regimes.

In a nutshell, all I am trying to say that follow a chronological order, and point out the signifigance of each event which has made the problem of islamic extremism worse.

I don't think I need to further explain the conclusion part of the essay as it is fairly obvious and straightforward, your introduction is good, it is the middle body of the essay which needs repairing(according to me)

As I keep saying, I am merely expressing my own opinion, If anybody wants to criticize my approach then please do it in a constructive manner.

Thanks,

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Kindly avoid using red color
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vicky786 For This Useful Post:
RAKSHAN (Sunday, January 31, 2010), rishzzz (Saturday, January 30, 2010), Sarah shah (Saturday, January 30, 2010)