View Single Post
Old Friday, February 05, 2010

Purab Sarhan will become famous soon enough

I can not says much about Americans' mind set. But I fail to agree that whole of the American mechanism is working against the doctor or Pakistanis or Muslims. I can agree, she was tortured in Bagram in Afghanistan and that a common American may be an ignorant but senior FBI and CIA officials might not have such mind set as you said, the jury might not have such mind set, three of four psychiatric experts, who concluded that she was faking her symptoms of mental illness, might not of the mind set. And hopefully judge on 6th May will not be of such mind set.

Read following, it will start to make sense.

Aafia moved to Texas, United States in 1990 joining her siblings, and after attending the University of Houston during her freshman year, she attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for her sophomore year.

In 1999, while living in Boston, Siddiqui and her then husband, anesthesiologist Muhammad Amjad Khan, founded the nonprofit Institute of Islamic Research and Teaching. She attended a mosque outside of the city, where she stored copies of the Koran and other Islamic literature that she distributed. She went on to graduate study in cognitive neuroscience at Brandeis University, receiving a Ph.D. degree in 2001 for her dissertation, titled "Separating the Components of Imitation." She also co-authored several journal articles.

Siddiqui was married to Khan, until their divorce in October 2002. Her ex-husband has accused her of being abusive and manipulative through their 7 years of marriage and stated that she had a violent personality and extremist views leading him to suspect her of involvement in Jihadi activities.

Siddiqui's whereabouts and activities from 2003 to 2008 are a matter of dispute. In March 2003, the FBI issued a global "wanted for questioning" alert for Siddiqui and her ex-husband, Amjad Khan. While Siddiqui remained missing, Khan was questioned and subsequently released by the FBI.

Before her disappearance, she was working at the Aga Khan University in Karachi. On March 1, 2003, Khalid Sheikh Muhammad, alleged chief planner of September 11 attacks, was arrested in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. It is speculated that Khalid revealed Siddiqui's name during the interrogation and, consequently, a series of arrests began.

According to US government sources, Siddiqui was arrested in July 2008 by U.S. forces in Ghazni, Afghanistan on accusation of being a suicide bomber and alleged possession of "chemical and gel substances" for bomb making.

Further,

Curious to locate the whereabouts of his children, Dr Amjad (her ex-husband) sought the help of the police and government officials to find them. “I was aware of Aafia’s violent personality and extremist views and suspected her involvement in Jihadi activities. My fear later proved to be true when during Uzair Paracha’s trial in the US in 2004, the real purpose of Aafia’s trip to the US (between December 23, 2002 and January 3, 2003) was revealed.”
Source: (Dr Aafia Siddiqui’s husband breaks his silence after six years) http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=20404

This woman is controversial.

Our media (not all components) is biased they tell one side of the story, the story we want to listen to.
To me that cup has been dealt in another measure.