View Single Post
Old Thursday, April 01, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,143 Times in 374 Posts
DEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really niceDEADLYDOCTOR is just really nice

dear umar you are not getting the point
look all have same knowledge.ok i agree.
so how are you going to get more marks than others?
you have to present your knowledge ,your paper to examiner in a different and better way
e.g in arab conquest question or beginning of islam in subcontinent
i write all events which of course almost everyone knows,now i f i add map of trade routes of arab at that time, path of Muhammad Bin Qasim,then 4- 6 different quotes at different approaches and events.finally finishing the question with a good quote or good words to answer the question asked.
now tell me how by simple using good english one can get more marks?what is difference between one who listed 20 points with good english and one who also listed 20 points but with simple english? points are same
i have seen professors checking papers of history,philosophy and literature (not of css though), a glimpse at paper make them realise what books one has studied,what notes one used,so they keep on giving average marks.when a paper comes where someone has used a different approach they do check closely and score according to it.
so a well decorated paper with quotes ,maps,points,different perspective,analytical approach,and answer as asked in paper of history always get good marks
and of course for that one has to really work hard
so quotations do matter for getting good marks