View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 04, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

New Student has a spectacular aura aboutNew Student has a spectacular aura about

@Isa Mohmand

Brother a well attempted outline. However it is indeed difficult to comment on outline as it is much short. Few comments:

1. It would be a good idea to provide some theoratical background in introduction and the next paragraph (Although not a rule, just a suggestion), and not to rely completely on historical events elaboration.

2. If you discuss each historical event with some theme then it would be much better. For example you stated:

I) inquisition in Europe: how muslims and jews lost their freedom of religion to the fanatic rule of Isabella and Ferdinand in spain.
2) US constitution begins with the words: Men are born equal. But Blacks remained slaves and disenfranchised for a better half of US history till 1960s.
3) Women disenfrachised in europe historically till 1930s.
4) Colonialism

My Suggestion:

1. The humans have lost their freedom because of tyrannic regimes like the rule of Ferdinend ........
2. Even though with modern ideas in politics like that of constitution, humanity saw new horizons of freedom. Constitution provided necessary enforcement mechanism for the basic human rights but however one of the oldest constitution i.e. American constitution distinguished among humans merely because of their skin clolor ......

I mean to say that you should provide a good background of any historical event or fact.

Rest you can provide more events or details as you like and can manage.

One more point that I would add is that the two adjoining paragraphs should have some connection and relevance.

Good luck.

Regards

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, April 04, 2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Merged