View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 04, 2010
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 27th Position, Roll no.: 0953Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

amubarak will become famous soon enough

Interesting debate going on; i'd just want to share my jamiat experience at PU:

My first day at the university, I went up to the cafetaria and asked for 7-up. 'There's no 7-up here', Fanta? 'No Fanta here', Nestle Apple Nectar? 'Nestle Products are banned in the university, they are not islamic, jamiat doesnt allow them'. ok, then what do you have? 'we have shandi cola, shandi lemon and shandi orange'. Ok, i'l take shandy orange....it was less of a drink and more of this sticky goee thing that tasted horrible...had to throw it away and have tea or fresh juices for the rest of 2 years

Coincidentally, it was Ramazan, my first night in the hostel, at some thing like 300 in the night (one is barely able to sleep by that time on the first night), there is this vague thundering going on some where..drawing nearer and nearer, you are half sleep not able to figure it out only when you get this HUGE blast on your door. every soul in the room is up, its the jamiat representative (she's tall and big, you dare not mess with her) beating all doors one by one with this large stick waking up the faithful for sehr (the Fajr call for prayer was at 0545 those days). All the girls cursed them, went back to sleep because it was so early and were promptly late for sehr.

Standing outside the tiny bank, waiting to deposit the fee, the cue is very long and moving slowly, but people are waiting in the cue. Suddenly there is this loud noise, people shouting, glass breaking, and jamiat guys who dont look like students at all, rather men in their early thirties, start protesting that they have been standing here for a very long time. They get into the bank and beat the guard who's not letting them enter...its a sick scene.

Its all about the energies of youth being wasted; pitiable fellows who are pawns ordered around by people they dont even know...
Only that one has a special association with one's university and its very sad to know that a university professor was beaten up. And then there are people who actually have the guts to publically justify it , that it was the correct thing to do...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amubarak For This Useful Post:
Andrew Dufresne (Sunday, April 04, 2010), ayezzaS (Sunday, May 30, 2010), Sociologist PU (Monday, April 05, 2010)