View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 07, 2010

xavier is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian View Post
People of Pakistan have validated the military coups ultimately.

Are you serious ? Or after CSS you have given some rest to the IQ General Musharraf earned millions of dollars legally by publishing his book. Also, his deputations abroad throughout his military career earned him some extra legal money. He is an honest and patriotic leader. He is living a simple life when compared to Bhuttos, Sharifs, Zardaris and so on.

Dear shallow, army is not a holy cow. I agree with you that there must be accountability for generals. But then there must be generals who are corrupt. Fortunately, this is not the case. And to the best of my knowledge army has a very strict internal accountability process.Anyway, defence budget and arms deals should be transparent. Nobody is perfect. There is always a room for improvement.

cheers,
floydian
Dear Floydian
I think, i shouldn't tell you that what is the remuneration package of military person even he is a general or Chief, we all know that they get maximum allownces and facilities throughout their office period.
Dear we should have to see the post life a militiant, here i must give the example of Humayun Akhatar son of General Akhtar Abdul Rehman, when he was declaring his assets to the election comission of Pakistan he declared that one house in Islamabad(which have a value of 70 million approximately) belong to his father, If General Akhtar saved his all earnings i can say he couldn't buy a house.
I agree that Mushraf earned alot from his book but he didn't earn too much that he could purchase an expensive flat in the heart of UK and one more thing we shouldn't reject the american reports in which they said that during Mushraf's regime there was not any accountability system, Government of Paksitan didn't have a check and balance system of utilization of aid which Paksitan got from USA. I think everyone could understant that where it was utilized

Your Comments and criticism are welcomed