View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 02, 2010

javed_iqbal7863 is on a distinguished road

@maliasghar

Dear Muhammad Ali Asghar! Your idea of launching open source movement to built high quality Urdu editors and other software to promote Urdu language in the world, is highly appreciable. we must work hard to make urdu a popular and alive language. We must take steps to integrate Urdu script in digital machines. Only one person or organization cannot do this, your idea of open source development of Urdu software can solve this problem, but who will initiate it?

The other thing which irritates me, whenever i think about it is that our new generation is not interested in learning Urdu. They are fond of English literature and English music etc. they know much about William Shakespeare, William Makepeace Thackeray, Thomas Hardy and Leo Tolstoy. They, even, don't know about Meer Taqi Meer, Ibrahim Zauq, Mira Asad ullah Khan Ghalib, shaifta and Momin Khan Momin etc. How can we make our new generation interested in Urdu literature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xena1806 View Post
Hi, I m really happy to see the post.. i agree with you javed.

Many people are taking interest in the language. Like CRULP(Center for research in Urdu language Processing) , which is running by Professor Dr, Sarmad Hussian. He belongs to IT field but working for Pakistani Languages. You may visit the site... www.crulp.org. The Center is working for Languages +IT.

CRULP has developed Online Urdu dictionary, Nokia Urdu software, Text to speech system etc. Recently CRULP have completed a project, named Dareecha, which has localized some computer applications in Urdu language. I observe that many famous people from Urdu Literature are not working for their language. People read the Urdu stuff but just for entertainment. Nobody knows the importance of our national language and our heritage of Urdu Literature.
Dear! I went through the website which was described by you, but could not find any valuable thing, which would help to promote Urdu Language. It is a just a commercial website which develops software for earning money.the topic of discussion is "how to promote Urdu Language?" We will really appreciate your suggestion on this topic. this forum is not for commercial advertisement.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Sunday, May 02, 2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Merged