View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 05, 2010
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit  09Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

maliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of lightmaliasghar is a glorious beacon of light

I totally agree with you that not all workers get the benefit in the same coin. There indeed are internal dissections. For an outsiders, they claim to be one monolith party, however, as we all know well that it is not the case. So, whichever faction gains strength tries to stuff their cronies. Take two recent examples: (i) The reinstatement of PPP workers fired by Nawaz regime in 90's, and subsequent award of backdated promotions and service benefits to them. (ii) release of many prisoners in the 'honour' of passage of 18th amendment. Don't you think that these very people in these two cases would have a softer corner for PPP, and the families that have benefitted as a result of these actions would naturally become an added vote bank for the party.
What I am trying to say here is that instead of working for the wider public, PPP aims at providing some benefit to a small lot of loyalists who can then gather the mass for their campaigns.