View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 15, 2010
40th CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 177

mubeen saeed will become famous soon enoughmubeen saeed will become famous soon enough
Default Are the private candidate of no worth ?

aoa all.I live in a small village somewhat 50 km away from Lahore. I have done masters in English Literature from University of Punjab as a private candidate,because of some personal and financial reasons i could not attend any college or university. Now a leading group of colleges(punjab group of colleges) started its new campus in my nearby city(Sheikhpura).I applied for job there. when they started to conduct interviews i was not called for interview. So i rang to the principal of the college to know why i 'm not called for interview ,he replied that it is against their policy to appoint any candidate with so called private degrees.I protested but of no use.
Is it right to discriminate any candidate on the basis of his/her being uable to attend a good college or university?
In our beloved country where 70% of population lives in villages and small towns only 1 out of 1000 get a chance to reach a university, the situation of we girls is even worse because the parents always worried about their DOWRY can not afford their luxury of higher education. In such circumstances if somebody decides to continue studies,but at the end of the day he/she is discriminated then isn't it violation of human rights? ? ? ?
If the people who pass their exam as private candidate are of no worth then why do universities conduct their exams?and award them degrees ? ? ? ? ?
plz say something about it should i burn away my degrees or look for justice?but justice from whom? ? ?
waiting for response.