Thread: Life in FSP
View Single Post
Old Saturday, May 15, 2010
36th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2007

scorpsshadow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by css2011 View Post
true,that's the main reason why girls don't want to come in this field.There are some social restriction which we have to face....and Husbands don't easily agree to live with their wives on her terms but other way around....

i have a question

Are you allowed to take your family with you on different trips?
if yes
then can parents and siblings of an officer go with her/him?
who pay their expanses?
You are allowed to take your family with you on all postings abroad ( family includes wife and kids only) ... As far as initial language course is concerned you can take your family only on that languages which are more than one year likeses chinese, russian... On other small trips and courses you cannot take your family along, i mean you always can by taking permission from ministry and seeing if accomodation is avaiable plus you have to pay for their tickets, medical etc which simply becomes unbearable...

Parents are not included in the family and you can take them on your own expenses which as i said before becomes almost unbearable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zain.ul.Abidin View Post
Omar Brother....You know it is only the Foreign Service of Pakistan who have 1...Two Hostels (Furnished).
2....One Five Storey Hostel Under construction
3...Foreign Service Lodges and
4...Almost half of F-6 Sector
for Officer's Accommodations on Constitutional Avenue....Where as Grade-22 officers are seen to be fighting over a single room in Federal Lodges.....
Sir ji thats true but on ground kya halat hain yae bhe aap nae dekh he lye hain , even senior officers are living in hostels...the foreign service lodges i suppose are same i.e. the other hostel... and new one pata nai uss ka kya banta hai...problem is the number of officers as compared to housing. i mean like 300 work here and accomodation is too less with regard to that ,specially young officer till 19-20 grade can forget about getting a home in f-6 area... but nevertheless this is what it is, we know it and we came in it for the service. What all comes ahead has to be faced and tackled... I love foreign service of Pakistan to the core of my heart and will keep doing so

Last edited by Princess Royal; Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: posts merged
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpsshadow For This Useful Post:
hassanshariq (Saturday, January 21, 2012), Saad Khan (Tuesday, May 18, 2010), Shooting Star (Sunday, May 16, 2010)