View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Black Coffee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaa-Baaz View Post
The monopoly of female doctors is in gynaecology. One of my friends is MBBS doctor and anesthetist. He says that this is an alarming situation that we have girls and only girls in this field. They even don't know the Bishop Score.
Many times he is called for anesthesia by the female doctors yelling on phones "hurry up the patient is serious".
When he enters in OT, there is normal delivery.
Then he yells on them ' are you doctors , you don't know even the Bishop Score
Lolz...Thats funny!!!and unbelievable!!!
I am sure its only a rare occurence.The vast majority of lady gynaecologists is familiar with the term.

I am not going into the implications of girls outnumbering boys in medical colleges.You all have dwelled on that pretty well.
Now if you look at this trend,its very easy to explain it by considering the gender differences in the anatomy of the human brain.....
The difference in the anatomy of the male and female brain explains why we see girls opting for the medical profession and boys taking up technical career paths.There is growing evidence from research that men and women differ in the amounts of gray and white matter....Men have 6.5 times more gray matter related to general intelligence than women while women have 10 times more white matter related to general intelligence...That is NOT to say that women are any less intelligent than men.That isn't quite what it is.It only means that women are better at tasks that require integrating and assimilating information.Since getting into a medical school requires a lot of memorising in the years leading up to it,women are better able to do that because the anatomy of their cortex is better suited for the task.
Men,on the other hand,excel at tasks that require processing of information..for eg,mathematics and the technical stuff because grey matter represents information processing centers.
So that makes it easier to explain why we see girls flocking to the medical profession.
As far as this topic is concerned...I don't why there is so much concern over it.By no means ic this a downhill trend.I mean,considering the demographics of Pakistan's population,its a positive sign that women(who constitute more than half of our population)are making use of their existence instead of sitting around idle.
And who said tht medical profession for girls does not sit well with family life????Things are changing really fast in our part of the world.People are increasingly becoming aware of the fact that we are living in the days of economic recession.They are increasingly waking up to the fact that single-handed earning is simply not going to get them a decent living.More and more women are beginning to take their careers seriously.Look around you and believe me it won't take you long to see this trend emerging.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Merged