View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SikanderHayat007 is infamous around these parts

Salam sir Muqeet Asim.

Read your response.Thank you for your reply.i am very greatful to you.

Quote:
sir i dunno what u inferred from the "tone" of my post(neither do I care), but i would like to draw ur attention to the focal point of my previous post. that is being positive even while criticising. this is my opinion and i won't mind if others disagree
Well,read this post of yours.i hope you are conversant with the use of "would have".it means to me in plain english "if you had read the instructions you wouldn't have wasted your time."
I am writing what i inferred from your post.It is your choice whether you want to care or not.yes,you can disagree and we should respect each other's opinion.

Quote:
dear if u had read carefully the instructions on ur interview call-letter, i don't think u would ve wasted ur precious time over thinking what to say and what to eliminate
i think sincerely that i have left no stone unturned in my CSS preparation.rest is in the hands of Allah.

kindly tell me what is positive criticism?

Quote:
mere in early or mid twenties, with only 16 years of regular education, with little or no practical knowledge of how govt functions adn solves problems and delivers services, and almost nil experience in problem solving in public domain. admi pehle apne gareeban mein jhanke phir dusre k point of view ko samajhne ki koshish kare, uske ba'd hi koi sakht faisla kare. i believe i ve stated my point in simple terms.
Why does the chairman asks questions on global warming,energy crisis or water shortages when he himself is not an expert?
The panel has no practical experience in the technology and medical field.then why does it seeks the opinion of the candidate on increasing exports or controlling inflation?

Yes,the panel asks questions about methods to curb corruption.You and i can answer these questions.what rocket-science exists in the questions that have been asked in interviews?

We should build on our self-esteem.i belong to the most prestigious intitution of this country and let me share another thing with you.When you give viva during professional exams of medicine,your professor treats you such that you answer questions and get awarded.his calibre is high above you.why then he doesn't play with your ignorance?he knows that one day you will soar higher than him and occupy his seat.you may easily get to yale,cornell,tufts,boston,columbia.

Quote:
as far as editors etc r concerned, this is their job to criticise but trust me i ve never come across an editorial piece which defies the fundamental norms of decency and makes sweeping statements like welcoming another coup etc.
sir plz re-read ur response to last island, u r committed that u r gonna "lamabst" the panel, so there is no point in wasting our and ur own precious time.
We know that the response of newspaper editorials is always balanced,rational and carefully thought-out.But,yes i say that i am least supportive of democracy.it's a personal opinion.i don't like goons sitting as rulers on the high offices of my country.
About "lambasting" the panel,yes sir,surely i will play on the front foot.i never meant any indignity or profanity.i meant that i will give curt replies.i know that they are sitting there to judge you on your performance in CSS not your practical experience.As i told you that i am not naieve and i know how things get carried in Pakistan.i know the culture of the job.You and i shall be conforming with the government culture.i know there are no morals,no religious values.there are only institutional values.
like the banking system which in all its manifestation is "haram",but due to the societal consensus,it is good institution.The war-wager against Allah is the banking system.By this comment all i mean to say is that you are conforming to the culture of CSS at an early stage.And i am not going to cow-in to the government's culture.
Quote:
there is hell of difference b/w being principled and values-oriented, and being rude and stubborn or defiant
Yes,you are right brother.i am not rude.but if they ask me Pakistan is failing and it has got itself in the worst form of trouble,should i remain positive that everything is going on well.there are streams of milk,honey,green meadows and lush pastures in our country.i daresay that i will sound insane if i say idealist things.But,my response is that i am here for this job to make all things happen.but,i will honestly speak my mind.

Dear brother no need to apologise.i never mean and disrespect to any member.neither am i on a mission to humble.i am humble and i want to see my friends and companions prosper.i pray that you get your desired group.

@moderators

Thank you for your patience.i respect all of you.you have always been very coopertive in allowing me to speak my mind.

@Last-island

sister thank you for your patience.
Regarding the post of chosing Railways and postal.i am telling youi the truth that the stigma of being in Postal and railways affects CSPs a lot.all i wanted to know was how do candidates feel about these groups.My boss once told me that he was in japan.His japanese colleague was saying something to another person in japanese.my boss said i asked him what the other man was asking.my boss's colleague told him that the other japanese was asking him,"what is your honourable job"
When you and your society honours your job,then you feel satisfied and you work honestly.you are a technician,a sweeper or a scientist.do your job reponsible and earn the honour.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards.

Sikander
"It is said an eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him with the words, 'And this, too, shall pass away.' How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!
-Abraham Lincoln
The Following User Says Thank You to SikanderHayat007 For This Useful Post:
Dr.Patriot (Wednesday, May 19, 2010)