View Single Post
Old Saturday, July 01, 2006
34th Commons
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Information Group

zubaloch is on a distinguished road
Arrow Some comments

Respected Members!

AOA!

May these lines find you in the best of your conditions (Aameen).

“The discussion, when turns into the transfer of arguments, is twisted just into a discussion nothing else bearing no fruit” is a saying of some literary guy.

In my perception, the services for which recruitment is done through CSS, have got edges and hedges of specific nature. Regarding PSP and DMG, DMG will remain superior at large (though I myself am convinced of this yet I have and will put PSP at top preference whenever I may have to choose a career). Respected Aristotle is somewhat right, so is Respected Waheed. If we analyze, we come to know that DMG has always been the elite class throughout. Pre-Musharraf, DMG had kings and princes, today there are only kings but princes have been disowned and the kings WILL prevail.
Why I deem that so corroborating? Because there is a civil service as established as it has been in the past in UK, USA, and other privileged countries and it will continue. The police system will eventually be turned into a subjugated system whose entire function will be to “protect and to serve”, there will be no policy making involved.
In the present, early years of police (when a person is ASP or at most an SP) are pleasant since youth demands and can coup up with all kind of challenges. But can somebody imagine that what will be the level of zeal, with which he sweeps off crime, of a person when he has to think of his sons and daughters and their future aspects viz education, luxuries, weddings etc?
On the other hand, today very few people know who are DDO(R)s but as a DMG officer grows older, his worth and influence also grow with him. If he is ambitious he may end up as Chief secretary of Pakistan, or the Ambassador of Pakistan in USA, or head of any department/division (which may include establishment, health, agriculture or whatever). He may be giving the policies and setting up the tools of state’s machinery (which also include law and order agencies). I mean a DMG officer has got some probability but a PSP officer has got no such thing.
Of course a PSP may become secretary but of interior ministry only (as Mr.Shah) or head of a law and order body (Like Mr. Saddal) (these gentlemen have been known as the brains of police)
So truly DMG was, is and will be leading in the CSS groups, in my estimation.

PS: after all these views I will be joining The PSP InshALLAH so will be some other persons because it should not be the logic that should drive a person on the way of career. If logic is the driving force, in Pakistan becoming a political worker is the best for someone's bright career instead of doing F.Sc. A political worker, if he is consistent, will become a union counselor at the age of 25, a Tehsil counselor at the age of 30, a district counselor at the age of 40, a minister at the age of 50, a prime-minister at the age of 60 when his genius F.Sc. class-fellow-who-decided-to-do-CSS would be retiring as a secretary, or an AIG, or IG or DG etc. or will he not?

I will act contrite in advance if somebody’s emotions are desecrated.

With best of regards,

AH