Thread: utter confusion
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

@impossible

I agree to the points presented by you. I'd like to add a little more. There are some indicators which are responsible for acceleration in the economic activities at macro level. for instance If we have a look at the scenario after 9/11, the inflow of foreign reserves increased in our banks, the developing geo-strategic conditions in the country and a stability in political stage( although the stability is not qualitative but the recent government has got sufficient time), are sufficient elements for the fast process of development in the country. But inspite of all favours the process of economic development couldn't be sped up or the available finances couldn't be used, for some more reasons. in my opinion these reasons are lack of management, lack of monitoring, ambiguous policies, in-competent leaders, lust of having imported materials to use, lack of infrastructure development etc. Due to all these, although we attained economic growth but we couldnt' convert this growth into the phase of development. And so having a grown macro economy Pakistan's micro economy is still there where it has been before the claim of this so called development.

There may be some more reasons which I wish other members to present.

Regards

Last edited by Qurratulain; Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 11:49 PM.