Sunday, April 28, 2024
02:08 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, July 17, 2006

hali is on a distinguished road
Default utter confusion

when i listen to mr president he says that econmy is on the rise there is no problem we r the fastest develping nations in the world /

om the other hand i pick up[ news paper and see other side of the picture
articlaes with fact and figured proves thaat econmy is on decline poverty has drastically increased?//
where should i go???
can u help me
Old Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Smile Pakistan is not developing !!!!

Hiii

I am not getting the point that where you heard that PAKISTAN 'S ECONOMY IS GROWING AT A FASTEST RATE !!!! You did not cited in your post that where you heard this.

Anyways i would like to share that the current scenerio is telling us that Pakistan is a failed state. This is a pity for us that we have so many reasons to justify that Pakistan is a failed state in fact. We do not have that much pretexts to deny the facts. I would like to write some of these justifications to defend my statement. I am not going in details because we all are ware of the facts so i am just writing them as follows:
  • Pakistan's population is growing fastly. We do not have that much resources to fullfill the needs of this evergrowing population. It is growing fastly due to unawareness, misinterpretation of Islam, uneducated community, poverty, etc.
  • Pakistan has low literacy rate. More than half population is uneducated. A great number of educated or litterate ones only can write their name.
  • Pakistan economy is going rapidly in debt.
  • Pakistan's has not that much good image on the world. In the current scenerio Pakistanis are called terrorists.
  • Pakistan is spoiling a lot of money for fighing against their own tribalmen. This can be justified by the Rs 250.2 Billion allocated for defence purpose in the Budget 2006-07.
  • Pakistan's GDP rate fall to 6.5 from last year's 8.5. Then how can they say that Pakistan's economy is growing fastly.
  • USA is suppoting Pakistan financially but nobody knows where all that money goes.
  • Lack of democracy in Pakistan.
  • Political instability.
  • Other
Keeping in view all these points how can we say that Pakistan is developing at a fast rate. I agree that Pakistan is a developing country but it is a fact that it is not developing at a fast rate. Actually it is not developing at all. Its due to a lot many reasons mentioned above. Pakistani government should mitigate the reasons if thay want Pakistan to develop.

I think this much is enough for Hali to put him out of this utter confusion. Am i right ???

Thanks
Regards
Old Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

@impossible

I agree to the points presented by you. I'd like to add a little more. There are some indicators which are responsible for acceleration in the economic activities at macro level. for instance If we have a look at the scenario after 9/11, the inflow of foreign reserves increased in our banks, the developing geo-strategic conditions in the country and a stability in political stage( although the stability is not qualitative but the recent government has got sufficient time), are sufficient elements for the fast process of development in the country. But inspite of all favours the process of economic development couldn't be sped up or the available finances couldn't be used, for some more reasons. in my opinion these reasons are lack of management, lack of monitoring, ambiguous policies, in-competent leaders, lust of having imported materials to use, lack of infrastructure development etc. Due to all these, although we attained economic growth but we couldnt' convert this growth into the phase of development. And so having a grown macro economy Pakistan's micro economy is still there where it has been before the claim of this so called development.

There may be some more reasons which I wish other members to present.

Regards

Last edited by Qurratulain; Tuesday, July 18, 2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old Monday, July 24, 2006

hali is on a distinguished road
Default Hasan Ali

U MUST have heard the apeech of president mushraf inthat speech he claimed that pakistan has a growing econmy
whay u say on that
Old Monday, July 24, 2006
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hali
U MUST have heard the apeech of president mushraf inthat speech he claimed that pakistan has a growing econmy
whay u say on that
I think your this question has been answered in the above posts, but if those words have been unable to resolve your utter confusion, here goes another episode of a critical analysis of Mushi's so called development. we've attained economic growth in the previous few years but this growth couldn't be phased into development. And that is the reason that the fiscal year 2005-06 went far behind the projected growth rate. The basic reason for such problem is that, the authorities didn't develop any long term strategy to maintain the economic growth.For instance in agriculture the negative growth of 3.5% and in manafacturing the growth of 9% against the target of 14.5% is one of the examples of such carelessness. The only high growth has been seen in services sector which is about 8.8%. Now see services sector provides job opportunities to only a very limited group of population, most of the employment opportunities fall in agriculture and industry which comprises of almost 80% to 85%. So the major part of economy has not grown up to the mark while only 15% to 20% of the economy(services sector) has grown. In this case how can we say that the over all economy grew at the desired level. Secondly Mushi claimed that "A common man has mobile which costs at average of Rs.10,000".
Now tel me the exactness of the statement, mobiles are easily availabe within the range of Rs.2000. Ok Fine! Every one has mobile access, but is it development?....Will mobile provide food, clothing, health, shelter and education to all those who are in vicious circle of poverty?

About $1764 million of Foreign Direct investment went into Telecom sector while Power sector could have only $315 million. Now see the gap, power sector needs to be developed as all the industrial development depends upon it. Now tell me is the telecom sector needed to be prefered on capital goods? Or the basic requirements should be fulfilled first?

Well there are much more controversies, which need to be typed and right now i dont want to pain my fingers for such. I hope some kind member will do that.

Regards

Last edited by Qurratulain; Monday, July 24, 2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DEVOLUTION GEEK will become famous soon enough
Angry Numb person

Forget abt Mushi,he is just a numb person.

Last edited by DEVOLUTION GEEK; Tuesday, July 25, 2006 at 02:13 AM.
Old Monday, January 15, 2007

writkif is on a distinguished road
Default May be u r right but it is not compulsory that I am wrong

I do agree with you guys but we should keep in our minds that development always comes in long run. It is not possible to have overnight changes. In development economics it is a fact that growth in long run turns into development because development refers to is structural changes. Your agreement to the fact that we are having growth is a prove that we are on right track. Consistent growth leads to institutional changes which inturn brings prosperity, change in standard of living and reduced poverty. If you study the development model of recently grown economies like Asian Tigers and China you will get to know that the economic model adopted by them were different but one thing was similar among them and that was they all take a sufficient amount of time to grow. The reason behind given example of mobile was highlighting the fact that communication is growing and we all know that ICT inductry generally and communication sector specifically among the top growing industries in the world and government is giving importance to that sector therefore mobiles and other accessporoies are becoming common. secondly industry itself is growing which create jobs, simultaneously opportunities. So we should be realistic about our views. Definitely we are not having development right now as no country should have it in such a short time (I am considering current regimes tenure) study development of any nation, you will agree with me.