View Single Post
Old Friday, June 25, 2010

Faseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura aboutFaseeh Muhammad has a spectacular aura about
Default Why one wants uniformity in CSS Only!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
I have just come acrossed this letter in the dawn. I want your coments on it.

So here it goes,

Abolish quota system from CSS

I WOULD like to appeal against the quota system in the CSS examinations conducted by the Federal Public.

Service Commission (FPSC) every year. The CSS is really a competitive examination, then it should strictly stick to being one.

Mostly, the top 30 position holders in the CSS are allocated to either the Police Service or DMG groups upon their preference. However, in case of Sindh someone getting a 128th position can get into these groups too because of their quota.

If merit is the FPSC’s sole doctrine, then there should be no disparity in the allocation of jobs. The difference of quality between these two groups can be easily understood. This leads to inefficiency and nothing else.

On the contrary, I oppose the 10 per cent quota for women too. Women are being inducted into the Pakistan Army and PAF but there they have no quota system.

I suggest that the CSS should be an open competition for all those who aspire to be CSP officers without any quota.

Otherwise, there is no need for the FPSC. All this work can be done by the Provincial Public Service Commission.

Everyone regardless of gender, province, etc., should be evaluated and allocated posts according to merit.

RANA ZEESHAN PERVAIZ
Multan
Dear Brother,

This reply is not to irritate you...It is just to show different people at different places feel. I donot have any personal prejudices or feeling here. Since i am resident of Karachi-Sindh I would like to adovcate the cause of sindh.

As every aspirent of CSS knows that resources of Pakistan has been divided on the basis of Population, why not the CSS be divided on the same basis?? Do you have any anwer to this question??

Lets suppose that we abolish the even today's NFC formula for the divisible pool then 65% of the total pool that comes from the Excise & Texation through the sea port should fall in the bucket of Sindh??

If i am wrong then kindly correct me. In such a case the provinces with greater population like Punjab & KP would be suffering bcz the managing population requires fund and those funds (in majority) are being generated either by sindh from the sea port or from Balochistan through the mineral resources.

Now you can guess the future of Provinces that claim thereselves Big Brothers.

Secondly, qouta system, although have created non-uniformity, it is also a blessing in disguise, donot consider css only, there are vacancies which have been divided on the basis of qoutas and has nothing to do with css. And the recommendation to abolish FPSC is a baseless argument because it acts on the behalf faderation.

So my humble suggestion is that if "any one wants merit to be the sole criteria for reward, the merit should prevail in all walks of life, not just in CSS".

Again no personal feelings & prejudices , Its just my openion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Faseeh Muhammad For This Useful Post:
Last Island (Friday, June 25, 2010), marilatif (Friday, June 25, 2010)