View Single Post
Old Monday, June 28, 2010

Sheda is on a distinguished road

Again your segregation argument reminds me of infamous "separate but equal" doctrine prevalent in US during late part of 19th and early part of 20th century.

Problem with your argument is , that you have conveniently forgotten or deliberately ignored the point I raised in the first place: Society is patriarchal in nature. When a dominant force exists already, a segregation of the dominated by the dominant would only serve to increase their control. I can only hope you can see that. ( I doubt that btw)
Men donot need to be in the dialogue with women because they control the process anyway based on what they think is right. Putting women, the people without a say in the matter anyway, in another corner by segregation would only serve to render their opinion more useless... Without segregation, their is a much greater chance of a dialogue and discourse between the sexes and mellowing of opinion over time. With segregation, there is none. Do you get that ?

Secondly, faith is a beautiful thing. I envy people with staunch, unquestionable faith. But their is a reason the term is called "faith" in itself. Difference between faith and belief is that faith by the very nature is not based on reason. There is nothing wrong with it, as I said i rather envy such people. But once you bring that irrationality into a debate, arguments are useless....

As far as the solution goes... My idea, is totally different from you. Building on the case above, I advocate no segregation and open dialogue ,which I already said is not possible given the moral/mullah police who wont win a seat in NA but can shout on the channels create mayhem on the streets. That is why I am not hopeful. Maybe in 100 years things will be different but without a dialogue, which people like you dont want and segregation, chances of such evolution are rather bleak...

P.S
I donot want to further this debate and I will not respond again. For the simple reasons, that my ideas no matter how lucid and rationally sound they are would be met with skepticism. And you cant win when religion is a part of the debate anyway.
I wish you all the best and hope you at least read through what I wrote...

Take care
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sheda For This Useful Post:
Andrew Dufresne (Monday, June 28, 2010), rose_pak (Tuesday, June 29, 2010), Sociologist PU (Monday, June 28, 2010)