View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 01, 2010
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 27

mani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura aboutmani1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksk View Post
Ur argument is based on fallacious premise. Just consider, b it any corporate practice or exam, competition promotes effieciency and raises standards..erecting entry barriers benefits selected few, limits competition, violates universal principle of equal opportunity and results in steep fall in standards.
I invite u2 kindly contemplate and note da self contradictory argument presented by u in ur earlier post which says "I agree that bachelors/masters degree is not a measure of ones intellect, dedication and sincerity however it is also true that a candidate possessing a masters degree would have more knowledge and experience and would generally fare better than a candidate possessing bachelors degree."
Plus no1 is arguing against da expected better performance of an MA but tell me does this in any way justify denial of right2 appear in exam4 da BA.
As4 ur insistence dat the MA would have accumulated more knowledge, nothing0 can judge dis better dan da CSS written portion. As4 da possibility of an MA having acquired more experience or supposedly more maturity than da BA graduate, da FPSC panel of seasoned officials can gauge dat better.
CSS syllabus explicitly says that the level shall b of Bachelors degree. There4 i feel dat da MAs r already overqualified or perhaps dey were a bit slow in opting4 civil service or mayb insecure and tried2 have alternative career path in the fear of anticipated unpleasant outcome.
Fallacious premise? Please let us all know what exactly is 'fallacious' about my argument? That a Masters student is not more learned compared to a Bachelors student? or that an young workforce is more competent, innovative desirable and skillful relative to an old one? I won't be tempted into your delirious and tempestuous assertions.

No one is against competition here, but it must be amongst the worthy. Entry barriers actually ensure that only those who have the requisite qualifications and experience are allowed to compete. If we go by the way of your argument, why restrict the CSS exams to Bachelors only? Why shouldn't FSC pass candidates be allowed to sit in the exam? Why is there Masters requirement on all Grade 17 jobs in the public sector? Why do all MNCs require a Masters degree for lucrative posts? Why do all other organizations scream about potential candidates having a Masters degree? Why this quandary, when according to your preconceived & baseless notions principle of 'equity' should prevail?

A word of advice; You should instead prepare for Masters than waste your time on nitwitted arguments